Cost of wedding bands

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Nene

• 86 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hello Ladies- I have a quick question? Is $5,000 too much for wedding bands?
    Just trying to get some opinions...
    Thank you

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:21 PM

IMO yes. But thats just me. I think ours together are about $2000 at most. But it is forever so if you love them then go for it. Got pics?

#3 Spazz

• VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

I think that is expensive, but it's a completely personal decision and depends on how much you want to spend and how much you can afford. My band was $1000 and Mike honestly bought his on ebay for like $15.

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

I think it is a lot...I was looking at the matching one to my ring and it was $2200. I thought that was too much. It is definitely a personal decision. I mean if you can afford it, then more power to ya.

#5 Janet

• VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:37 PM

our were more in the $500-$700 range, if that helps.

#6 h&a

• 321 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

I think it all depends on what the bands are like (ie are there diamonds, which are bringing the price up or is it a plain band that you could possibly find for less elsewhere?). The band I fell in love with was a diamond eternity band from Tiffanys that was $5000. I thought that was too much, but also fell in love with it and had my heart set on it. I probably would have spent that on it or tried to find a similar one elsewhere, but found it at an auction (the exact ring in my exact size - I felt like Cinderella!) and we got it for $2500. We looked today for rings for FI and probably will be spending around $500 for his.

#7 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

It depends on your income I think. To some 5k isnt a lot but to others (like me) it is. My wedding band will be3.5K and I think that is way too much BUT it goes with my ring. I got FI his band from Overstock.com: Online Shopping Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more for 70 bucks.
                For 5k... there better at least 1K of diamonds!

#8 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:48 AM

I agree with what the other ladies have said. Money is relative. I paid about $3K for our bands but got them in palladium instead of platinum to save some money. Let us see some pics of the bands you are thinking of? Perhaps our google queens (or kings) can find something cheaper.

#9 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

Sounds a little high, but it would depend on the quality and its appraisal value, and if you have the money to spend. My ring is about $2000 (not counting the center stone) and FI's was $260.

#10 tvt

• VIP Member
                    • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:05 AM

sounds high to me. i think mine will be 2000, and joe's will probably be 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users