Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JaimeLynne

I might be getting a new ring!!!

Recommended Posts

Oh wow, what a day it has been. We stopped by the mall to do a little shopping and while we were there I suggested we stop into Zales to take my ring to be checked/cleaned. While we were there I looked at some wedding bands. I swear, I'm going through WBs like some of y'all have gone through dresses LOL Anyways, I'm having a hard time finding something that fits and Martin brought up the idea of just starting all over. At first I felt HORRIBLE about this (he's just now about to have this WB paid off) but he is genuinely intent on me being completely happy and honestly I just don't think the ring I have right now is quite what I want forever. Soooooo.... I get to start looking at new rings!!! pinkie.gif

 

Martin says if we do decide to go through with this he's going to "re-propose" to me. Hahaha. Our original one got kind of rained on due to his entire family finding out and yada-yada you know how that goes... kinda lost the "special-ness".

 

Don't get me wrong, I really like the ring I currently have but it was the very first one either of us saw and he got so excited that he bought it on the spot - kinda cute but we never really got to shop around. I've been looking on Blue Nile today and the possibilities seem endless. cheesy.gif I may even go with a solitaire - not sure yet.

 

AHHHHHH I can't believe I am getting the chance to pick out my own ring!!! thewave.gif This is like going on a second site visit but way better! haha

 

P.S. If we do decide to do this then I will put both of my rings (Engagement and Wedding Band) up for sale on here as well as CL, Ebay, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a new ring after Matt proposed too.. He was feel so overwhelmed when shopping for the diamond. I didn't know the proposal was coming but we looked one day for fun and I told him I liked a princess cut solitaire. That's exactly what I got.

 

We ended up buying a new set and had the diamond put into the new ring. For my birthday he's going to put an aquamarine stone into the original ring. (At least that's what I asked for) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
I got a new ring after Matt proposed too.. He was feel so overwhelmed when shopping for the diamond. I didn't know the proposal was coming but we looked one day for fun and I told him I liked a princess cut solitaire. That's exactly what I got.

We ended up buying a new set and had the diamond put into the new ring. For my birthday he's going to put an aquamarine stone into the original ring. (At least that's what I asked for) :)
Thanks for sharing - I don't feel so bad now :)

And that aquamarine stone sounds pretty and unique - love that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
lets see some of the rings you're considering!!!
Oh, you had to ask the tough question!

Let's see, I've been looking at Blue Nile and here are a couple I like so far. I've never really looked at rings like this before so I don't really know what I want yet.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice is to go to a store that has loose diamonds that you can put into different settings. Looking online can give you an idea of what you like, but when you try them on you may not like they way they look on you. And try on every shape diamond too (round, oval, princess, pear, etc) in lots of different settings. This way you can narrow it down to what you like best and what looks best on you. Good luck and have fun with this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those are both really beautiful!

 

I feel your pain on the wedding band issue. i have looked probably 10-15 times and can't find something that "fits" with the stlye and shape, width of my e ring. The other day I said "man! if i had known it would have been this hard i would have looked for a ring that had a matching wedding band" (i helped pick out some rings i liked before we were engaged)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJen View Post
My advice is to go to a store that has loose diamonds that you can put into different settings. Looking online can give you an idea of what you like, but when you try them on you may not like they way they look on you. And try on every shape diamond too (round, oval, princess, pear, etc) in lots of different settings. This way you can narrow it down to what you like best and what looks best on you. Good luck and have fun with this!
Thanks for the advice! I know one thing - I won't be going back to Zales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
those are both really beautiful!

I feel your pain on the wedding band issue. i have looked probably 10-15 times and can't find something that "fits" with the stlye and shape, width of my e ring. The other day I said "man! if i had known it would have been this hard i would have looked for a ring that had a matching wedding band" (i helped pick out some rings i liked before we were engaged)
Thanks Tara!

Ugh yes on the WB thing - when we saw a new one today and thought of getting it instead of the current one this would've been #3 *purchased*. The lady at the store was kind of looking at me like "Oh, come on lady...." smile117.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too am getting a new set!! Woot! I helped pick out the first one; this one he's doing on his own, so I'm kinda nervous, but he's LESS nervous so he said it would be better only because it's near impossible to find a nice band to match my e-ring.

 

Start from scratch and get a set!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×