• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#121 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morgan
    It's funny that you said this isn't interesting. As soon I read the first few words I was really interested :)

I'd like to do something like environmental toxicology after grad school.
    I know! I was thinking the same thing!
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#122 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
    • 490 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

I work as a Project Coordinator at mortgage company. We service over 200 different mortgage companies. Think of some of the most popular mortgage brokers and Investment companies and we do business with them. My job is to integrate all the new companies on what we do on the servicing side (after your mortgage closes).

I'm currently bored with it and looking for something new! I graduate with my BS in Business Management in May a week before the wedding so I'll start looking then for a new job.

#123 jarauz

jarauz
      • 251 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:16 AM

I'm an RN- Cardiology Nurse. Currently working on my Master's for Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.

#124 happyone

happyone
        • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:48 AM

I bartend and plan to start grad school in the fall for Linguistics. When I finally finish my PhD, I plan to be a college prof. and do research involving understudied and/or endangered languages.

#125 h&a

h&a
          • 321 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CarrieRN
            I worked for 5 years as a flight attendant for Delta before I went back to school for nursing. That was a lot of fun but the industry got a bit rough after 9/11. I miss all the travel opportunities though and I hate having to pay for airfare.
            haha... same for me. I was a flight attendant and so miss the traveling and free flights... but I wanted to be home more for when I eventually have a family and it wasn't something I wanted to do forever. Right now I'm in school on my way to becoming a pharmacist. My FI is an economist.

#126 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

AJ-

That sounds like what I would like to do! My FI really wants us to move back to Kansas City where he is from. I'd like to stay in the hospitality industry and would love to work with sport teams!

Most of my family is from the Detroit area so I know exactly where you are!

#127 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JABride
                IT Consultant for an IT and management consulting firm ... basically, my life consists of long flight delays, long hotel stays, no permanent office since I am always working at client offices ... ...still like my career though!!
                I feel your pain (as I sit here alone in my random hotel room)! Except I'm going on 12 years on the road ... I can't believe it! I do like what I do - but it's a lifestyle I will be happy to give up once this baby arrives.

#128 crys17tal

crys17tal
                • 106 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:36 AM

I work as an asl interpreter (american sign language)

#129 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
                  • 136 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:06 AM

I am a claims supervisor for an auto insurance company. My unit handles litigated and complex injury/liability claims. I fell into that industry as soon as I graduated from college. I had no idea what I was getting into but I've been there for 10 years now!! I LOVE the people I work with which is probably why I stay because th job itself ain't that great...

#130 berliewed08

berliewed08
                    • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AnnR
                      I feel your pain (as I sit here alone in my random hotel room)! Except I'm going on 12 years on the road ... I can't believe it! I do like what I do - but it's a lifestyle I will be happy to give up once this baby arrives.
                      I don't know how you ladies do it. My sister traveled for 10 years and my FH is on his 2nd year. Before we decied to have children he will have to find something local, and not the Co. defintion of within 100 miles.
                      Hoping my New Year's wish comes true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users