Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Love those dresses!! Where from?!

Originally Posted by dallace View Post

These are the same dresses my girls have, how cool!! What color are they? (feel silly asking that, I just mean the technical name for the color! LOL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The girls we bought the dresses off of got them in a shop in Vernon that has closed down, but they have them at Ten Fashion here in Kelowna. Originally they were long but they had them shortened. Then I snuck in and snagged them for a super good deal when they were done with them! LOL =)

Love those dresses!! Where from?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by dallace View Post

 

The girls we bought the dresses off of got them in a shop in Vernon that has closed down, but they have them at Ten Fashion here in Kelowna. Originally they were long but they had them shortened. Then I snuck in and snagged them for a super good deal when they were done with them! LOL =)

 

I love the idea of searching high and low for BM's dresses.... clearance, used, etc....(how horrible is it that you can probably guess I'm buying my wedding party's garb...) I just wonder, are the cost of alterations worth it? Would I be better off to buy new (but still discount) and not have to change much or buy used/unfit and have to alter what I have bought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha not horrible at all! I was so worried about prices of BM dresses when I started sort of looking around then my FSIL was like "what color are you planning on doing for your girls" I told her orange and she told me the weddign she was just in all the girls were selling there dresses if I was interested! The color was a bit different then what I was thinkign but I actually like it more!

 I think though, that whether you buy them new or used they will most likely need alterations to some degree. FSIL said when they went and tryed them on they all needed to be altered a little bit. Not to say that buying them new you will need to have them altered but just keep in mind either way they may need some alterations. If I were you I'd try looking into someone that does it at home for a fraction of what it would cost at a bridal shop or something. (if you end up needing alterations of course!) My brothers friends mom is a seamstress and has offered to do all of our alterations for a good price so that will definately help us out...especially since one of the girls will be having a baby this summer, and I'm pretty much swimming in my dress haha! Do you have any consignment boutiques around your house? That may be a good place to start looking. We have one here that is AMAZING! She has tons of connections and knows everyone and everything there is to know about everything wedding! Including cheap alteration ppl.

Originally Posted by katman View Post

 

I love the idea of searching high and low for BM's dresses.... clearance, used, etc....(how horrible is it that you can probably guess I'm buying my wedding party's garb...) I just wonder, are the cost of alterations worth it? Would I be better off to buy new (but still discount) and not have to change much or buy used/unfit and have to alter what I have bought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Eyeball17 View Post

 

I am in the process of trying to pick out my bridesmaid dresses and I am running into a dilemma.  Everyone is telling me that it is my day so I should pick out what I want, but I am getting a lot of complaints.  I fell in love with the chiffon bridesmaid dresses at J.Crew in Matisse blue but the dresses are $250.  Do you think that is a lot to ask your bridesmaids to pay since they are already paying to travel to your wedding?  I was debating paying for half of each dress as part of the gift, but thought that was a pretty lame gift.  Especially for those that would pay $250 without thinking twice.  I'd love to hear what you all think.

 

Just a thought - if your bridesmaids don't like the dresses, it will show on their faces in your wedding photos.  As the bride it is your special day - but on the other hand, you want everyone else to feel their prettiest too so that they will be beaming in all your wedding pictures.  So if the dress you picked doesn't appeal to them, it's worthwhile to pinpoint what they don't like about it. Is it that they find the dresses uncomfortable?  Do they not like the style?  The color?  Would they be happy with a different shade of blue or a different cut?  It might be worth compromising with a slightly different shade of blue or with a different style of dress if it will make your bridesmaids happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by cdc150 View Post

 

 

They're terracotta. My word of advice is give yourself a lot of extra time to get dressed, the corsets took awhile to get done of everyone. 

I love the colour combination of the dresses and necklaces - looks awesome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the dress that my MOH & bridesmaid are wearing....

I believe it is Bill Levonkoff (sp?)...

Her and my daughter (my 1 bridesmaid) are wearing the same dress....

 

Nyeema.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consignment store!!! Great idea! I know I don't have one in my immediate area, but the city I will be wedding dress shopping in has one for sure!! YAY. lol
And definitely appreciate the tip on finding someone who does alterations out of their home. I was browsing prices at some of the bridal boutiques and even the local tailors and they seem pretty steep!  Thanks for the advice!! :)

 

 

Originally Posted by dallace View Post

haha not horrible at all! I was so worried about prices of BM dresses when I started sort of looking around then my FSIL was like "what color are you planning on doing for your girls" I told her orange and she told me the weddign she was just in all the girls were selling there dresses if I was interested! The color was a bit different then what I was thinkign but I actually like it more!

 I think though, that whether you buy them new or used they will most likely need alterations to some degree. FSIL said when they went and tryed them on they all needed to be altered a little bit. Not to say that buying them new you will need to have them altered but just keep in mind either way they may need some alterations. If I were you I'd try looking into someone that does it at home for a fraction of what it would cost at a bridal shop or something. (if you end up needing alterations of course!) My brothers friends mom is a seamstress and has offered to do all of our alterations for a good price so that will definately help us out...especially since one of the girls will be having a baby this summer, and I'm pretty much swimming in my dress haha! Do you have any consignment boutiques around your house? That may be a good place to start looking. We have one here that is AMAZING! She has tons of connections and knows everyone and everything there is to know about everything wedding! Including cheap alteration ppl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by katman View Post

 

Consignment store!!! Great idea! I know I don't have one in my immediate area, but the city I will be wedding dress shopping in has one for sure!! YAY. lol

And definitely appreciate the tip on finding someone who does alterations out of their home. I was browsing prices at some of the bridal boutiques and even the local tailors and they seem pretty steep!  Thanks for the advice!! :)

 

 

 

No problem at all, glad I could offer a bit of help! Good luck shopping, You'll have to let me know how it goes! I definetly LOVED the consignment store though absolutely beautiful dresses for much cheaper lol. I believe brand new my dress wasssss $1700 or something around there and I got it for $700, I was in my glory. And it's basically brand new, only worn once so you can't beat that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×