Bikini Wax?

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#91 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lorilou
    two saturdays from today. i was thinking get it done tues and then time to "recoup". :)
    I'm sure that will be fine... definitely need some recoup time!

#92 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

You'll only need a few hours to recoup not days.. it really isnt THAT bad lol

#93 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lorilou
        two saturdays from today. i was thinking get it done tues and then time to "recoup". :)
        i only need a couple hours or a day at MAX to re-coup - you will be fine!

#94 mooretiggr

• 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:33 AM

Your pain level is directly related to the length of your hair. Longer hair= more pain. Talk to your waxer beforehand and find out how short it can be to still get an effective wax (my lady requires 1/4 inch). you can plan it out timeline wise with your shaving regime or you can use an electric trimmer to get it right. Either way, it'll save you a lot of pain!
          OH- and if she asks for help pulling your skin taut, do it! and pull it as tight as possible.
          Oh what a year!

#95 tlomlad

• Banned
          • 1,949 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:24 PM

i got my first bikini wax when i was 14, we were going on cruise and my mom suggested that my sister and i get them.

it wasn't as bad as i expected it to be, where confortable underwear, go somewhere that you feel comfortable with the staff [afterall she will be looking at your, you know]

and def dont let your hair grow out like cr@zy, one time, i was going to get one for my summer vacation and decided since i was going to pay $50 dollars for it that i was going to let it grow out so that the entire root could be pulled out... AHHHHH bad bad idea, it hurt sooo bad and took double the time, so def trim.

oooo and another thing, i live in philadelphia now and many of their spa's dont offer bikini waxes, only like smaller/family owned places....

good luck, let us know how it goes

#96 Spazz

• VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

Wow! I can't believe my question got 10 pages of responses! Thanks for all of your advice. I'll let you know how it goes

#97 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

They are painful, but once done it's the best thing you'll do. Make sure you trim a bit, it'll hurt less.

#98 B&J2008

• 266 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

I have been debating brazilian wax for years now and still having done it. I just always shave (like everyday cause I hate hair) and it get so old. I would love to have it done, but I'm chicken, not cause of the pain, but I've heard that you get bad ingrown hairs and that freaks me out more than anything. I don't want that. Is there any way to prevent it, or does it just come with waxing? Also, I absolutley hate having any hair there at all, and I'm not sure I could let it grow long enough between waxings.
                  Maybe I'll just suck it up and do it already. I'm sure I'll love it!

#99 dmarie17

• 276 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

Okay two quick questions. If I want to do the armpits, how long does the hair have to be? And does anyone know a place in Chicago thats good?
                    Thanks Lizz for starting the thread... much needed info!

#100 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by jean-marcus
                      you just gave me the worst visual HAHAHA... umm just kind of imagine sasquatch getting his naughty bits waxed haha
                      Talk about a visual....this is very funny!
                      Anthony & Angela
                      19 June 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users