Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#3411 soon2bmrspierce

soon2bmrspierce
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

Did the travel agent recommend to wait and see?If so how long?When I had looked this past Nov(to get an idea for next yr). on Expedia it was showing @1000 per person for 7 nights with air. for this May.I know it's expedia but I just figured it would be somewhat @ that price.

Originally Posted by MsClarke724 

I have been speaking with several travel agents since my wedding is in January of 2012.  Flight schedules are not available yet, so they can only estimate what a price might be.  As far as the hotel prices, they are extremely high right now.  I have also been told that they will stay high until approximately 6-8 months before time of travel.  Right now, I am just waiting.........

#3412 dgakapluto

dgakapluto
    • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hi Ladies -

When are you planning to do the TTD shoot? What time is best? 

-Candy

#3413 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
      • 244 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

Right now we are waiting for flights to become available.  She recommended booking and purchasing a price assurance....meaning that if and when the price drops, we will be guaranteed that price.  What concerns me is that if many of my guests do this, they might not drop the rate?  Also, a lot of my guests will base whether they attend or not on the price of the trip.

#3414 Aug4bride

Aug4bride
        • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:56 AM

Has anyone ordered their wedding dress online?  I would love to hear about your experience!  (I found one I love, but the on-line companies seem a little sketchy!)

#3415 ska2m

ska2m
          • Site Supporter
          • 150 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

Last year, when we were trying to see what prices would be, we ended up looking up pries for our wedding in like January/Feb for the November 2010 date and looked each month to see what the fluctuation would be. The prices did fluctuate and the prices were cheap up until 2 months of the November date. So i am going to assume that this will happen again this year. However, with all that's going on in Libya, the gas prices are going up, which means so will airline flights. So we already booked our vacation package last week for our wedding in November.

#3416 soon2bmrspierce

soon2bmrspierce
            • 48 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

Did you book your travel arrangements through an online site or a travel agent?

Originally Posted by ska2m 

Last year, when we were trying to see what prices would be, we ended up looking up pries for our wedding in like January/Feb for the November 2010 date and looked each month to see what the fluctuation would be. The prices did fluctuate and the prices were cheap up until 2 months of the November date. So i am going to assume that this will happen again this year. However, with all that's going on in Libya, the gas prices are going up, which means so will airline flights. So we already booked our vacation package last week for our wedding in November.

#3417 soon2bmrspierce

soon2bmrspierce
              • 48 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

yea I know that the price of the trip will determine who's coming for me as well.That's why I'm looking for best deal :)Guess I'll wait a little bit and see what happens.

Originally Posted by MsClarke724 

Right now we are waiting for flights to become available.  She recommended booking and purchasing a price assurance....meaning that if and when the price drops, we will be guaranteed that price.  What concerns me is that if many of my guests do this, they might not drop the rate?  Also, a lot of my guests will base whether they attend or not on the price of the trip.

#3418 ska2m

ska2m
                • Site Supporter
                • 150 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

i booked my trip online through american airlines vacation packages. It was reasonably priced.

#3419 soon2bmrspierce

soon2bmrspierce
                  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

Thanks.I'm going to look into AA.So, are your guests booking n their own?If so do you still get the 6th room free that way?

Originally Posted by ska2m I

i booked my trip online through american airlines vacation packages. It was reasonably priced.

#3420 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

When we did ours, we needed a group of guests to book right away to get a group rate. However, when anyone else booked they could just contact our agent and say they were part of our group, and they could book at their own pace (up until 45 days before).  I hope I understood you properly?

Originally Posted by soon2bmrspierce 

Thanks.I'm going to look into AA.So, are your guests booking n their own?If so do you still get the 6th room free that way?

Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users