Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#2631 beachbum2010

beachbum2010
  • Newbie
  • 73 posts

    Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

    Hello Ladies,

    Just wondering about the outdoor terraces. I read a while back when I was doing my reseach about resorts that you cannot have dancing and music on the outdoor terrances. I have been in contact with the WC at Dreams Punta Cana and she told me that all receptions are on outdoor terraces and they do the set up to allow for dancing.

    Is there anyone that has knowledge about this...can you have a full dance/reception after dinner on the outdoor terrace??

    #2632 ska2m

    ska2m
    • Site Supporter
    • 150 posts

      Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbum2010
      Hello Ladies,

      Just wondering about the outdoor terraces. I read a while back when I was doing my reseach about resorts that you cannot have dancing and music on the outdoor terrances. I have been in contact with the WC at Dreams Punta Cana and she told me that all receptions are on outdoor terraces and they do the set up to allow for dancing.

      Is there anyone that has knowledge about this...can you have a full dance/reception after dinner on the outdoor terrace??
      There is definitely dancing allowed on the terraces and there is no need for a dance floor, that's only if you are having the reception on the beach. The only restriction is that the reception must end by 11pm since it's outdoors and they don't want to disturb the other guests with loud music. Hope this helps!

      #2633 nsbride2010

      nsbride2010
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,528 posts

        Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

        I thought I would update you all on the vase subject. I called Air Transport Security here in Canada, and he told me that as long as it is empty and is well packaged it CAN be brought on board. In fact, he said the recommend this, since it is a delicate item. My TA also confirmed this, and said that especially since we are a large wedding party there won't be an issue; they will put it through the xray scanner on its own to make sure there is nothing in it and that it is a vase, and that MAYBE they might ask us to unpack it from its bubble wrap. But other than that, they won't give us a hassle. WOO HOO!
        Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

        #2634 ska2m

        ska2m
        • Site Supporter
        • 150 posts

          Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by nsbride2010
          I thought I would update you all on the vase subject. I called Air Transport Security here in Canada, and he told me that as long as it is empty and is well packaged it CAN be brought on board. In fact, he said the recommend this, since it is a delicate item. My TA also confirmed this, and said that especially since we are a large wedding party there won't be an issue; they will put it through the xray scanner on its own to make sure there is nothing in it and that it is a vase, and that MAYBE they might ask us to unpack it from its bubble wrap. But other than that, they won't give us a hassle. WOO HOO!
          Quick question, did DPC not have the vases you wanted to use or the type you wanted? I haven't asked the WC about that! 2 weeks to go until you are married!!! You must be pysched!!!

          #2635 JackieandTim

          JackieandTim
          • Newbie
          • 61 posts

            Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

            Have any of you married DPC brides gotten your makeup done by the resort? I plan to but at the same time I dont want to worry about looking like a clown on my wedding day.

            #2636 ska2m

            ska2m
            • Site Supporter
            • 150 posts

              Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JackieandTim
              Have any of you married DPC brides gotten your makeup done by the resort? I plan to but at the same time I dont want to worry about looking like a clown on my wedding day.
              You definitely won't look like a clown! I went to see DPC in person last month and visited the spa where your hair and make-up is being done. They had pictures of previous brides and also there was a bride there with her make-up done and she looked great! I've read many posts on brides who had their make-up done and loved it and also had their hair done (some brought pics with them of the style they wanted) and they said it came out great! They'll do a fabulous job and also if you are unhappy, they will redo it for free. You can always get a trial done the day before if you really are nervous.....

              #2637 JackieandTim

              JackieandTim
              • Newbie
              • 61 posts

                Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

                Thanks Ska for the advice! I definitely might do a trial run. I am lucky enough to have a sister who is a hair dresser so my hair will be taken care of.

                #2638 PynkLemonade

                PynkLemonade
                • Jr. Member
                • 350 posts

                  Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nsbride2010
                  I thought I would update you all on the vase subject. I called Air Transport Security here in Canada, and he told me that as long as it is empty and is well packaged it CAN be brought on board. In fact, he said the recommend this, since it is a delicate item. My TA also confirmed this, and said that especially since we are a large wedding party there won't be an issue; they will put it through the xray scanner on its own to make sure there is nothing in it and that it is a vase, and that MAYBE they might ask us to unpack it from its bubble wrap. But other than that, they won't give us a hassle. WOO HOO!
                  Nat that's great! My only concern is how are you bringing them on board? In a cardboard packing box or are you just going to have them in a carry on duffel bag?

                  #2639 JENISE

                  JENISE
                  • Member
                  • 652 posts

                    Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

                    Thanks for the info Nat.
                    Especially since I think with only 2 months left....I'm changing my centerpieces from bird cages, to something more simple

                    #2640 PynkLemonade

                    PynkLemonade
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 350 posts

                      Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

                      JENISE! You were just talking about those birdcages the other day, lol! I found something else too but now I wanna find acrylic plastic vases bc I am too worried about the glass at this point But acrylic vases are expensive! If anyone has any recommendations of where to look, let me know. Thanks ladies.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users