Photo

Eyelash Extensions *post ALL info here*

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#211 Jodiann

Jodiann
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

From experience, if you plan to do eyelash extensions DEF TRY THEM OUT BEFORE you get them done for the wedding. I got them done (for the first time ever) on Tuesday and left for my destination wedding on Friday. I HATED them but they were already glued on and I didnt have time to get them removed that day. I thought they looked to fake for me and they felt soooo weird. I just couldnt get used to them and really wish I would have tested it out before that. I ended up giving them a chance Wednesday but had decided on Thursday (the night before the wedding) to take them off. Thank goodness I bought eyelash remover solution the night I got them done just in case, but even with the solution it was SO painful to get them off! OMG my poor eyes were in pain and swollen, but thankfully they were fine for our wedding the next day. I am not saying dont get them done because I do feel like if you get them done right then can look beautiful. BUT what I can not stress enough is to DEF DEF DEF try them out a few months before the wedding. Hope that helps ladies!! =)

#212 Lysswedding

Lysswedding
    • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Does anyone know if they can tolerate the heat?  i.e. will they come off easily if out in the sun all day?  How about if they get wet?

#213 Jodiann

Jodiann
      • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

It seems as if the ones I got done at the salon would have stayed on FOREVER. In the two days I had them on I was in the pool, snorkeling, and in the Jamaican sun. 

#214 Lysswedding

Lysswedding
        • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jodiann 

It seems as if the ones I got done at the salon would have stayed on FOREVER. In the two days I had them on I was in the pool, snorkeling, and in the Jamaican sun. 

Thank you!  

#215 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lysswedding 

Does anyone know if they can tolerate the heat?  i.e. will they come off easily if out in the sun all day?  How about if they get wet?

I got them as a trial for my wedding when I was recently in Mexico for a week - was in the sun all day, in the ocean, pool, etc. and they stayed on great!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#216 scanneec

scanneec
            • Site Supporter
            • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

I broke down and got eyelash extensions yesterday...little birthday present to myself!!  I must say I love them so far!!  They are much like the 'disposable' ones I was using but no mess!  I am a little nervous sleeping on them though.  Sat in the sun for about 4 hours right after having them done as I was having lunch and no problems!!

#217 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
              • 255 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

I recently got eyelash extensions for a friends wedding. They were hell to have put on, it took over 2 hours and my eyes watered and were irritated the entire day. When I took out my contacts that evening they continued to water for another hour or two. I found them to be heavy but eventually got used to the weight of them once a few fell out. I had issues with my own eye lashes shedding, getting stuck and attached to the extensions then scratching my eye. I had to cut off clumps of the extensions to stop the scratching from eye. I loved them for about 2 weeks then they started to get sparse and look ridiculous. I eventually removed them myself with baby oil and my lashes were very uneven. They are just starting to grow back and not look so patchy. I'm now debating whether or not to get them again or just go with fake ones for my wedding in May.

#218 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
                • 152 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

i am searching for a salon in my area to try these out i have very thin blond eyelashes and would love a more dramatic look for my wedding is anyone in the buffalo,cleveland,pittsburgh area that know a good place to get them done?

#219 Ryves

Ryves
                  • 157 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

All the way with Mac.

#220 skehoe

skehoe
                    • Huddler
                    • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

So much great information in this thread! I recently wrote an article summing things up called "Are Eyelash Extensions Worth It?" in case you don't have time to read through this thread. Thanks for all the excellent tips, ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users