Eyelash Extensions *post ALL info here*

jajajaja

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread. I was planning to do a set of MAC falsies after a failed attempt with Latisse. (I kept forgetting to put the stuff on every night.) I have also had the individual lashes put on by a professional. I LOVED the look but hated when my own lashes fell out with them. They only last about a week and require meticulous maintenance. I will definitely do a trial run of the extensions!!! I'm excited about not having to check the mirror every 20 minutes to see if I'm missing a chunk of lash.

Thanks, Ladies. 'Sounds like extensions are the way to go! wink.gif

• 1 month later...

ladies, i'm married and back home! i wore the #7s by M.A.C. and absolutely loved them! no problems with them coming off in the humidity at all!

my glue, unfortunately, was in my SIL's room and i couldn't wear them for the TTD the next morning, so i don't know yet how they would hold up in water, but they were absolutely fantastic and i think they were the perfect choice!

i kind of want to wear them every day now...

i don't have my pictures from the photographer yet, but here's one that kind of shows the lashes.

Click the image to open in full size.

(note that the suuuper long part isn't the lashes, but a crease in the fabric behind me or my hair or something. they weren't insanely long!) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico102 View Post
are they easy to self apply? what are peoples experiences?
my new SIL put mine on for me (i wanted to be sure they were right!). but they're really simple to apply. they just glue on! it helps to use a Q-tip to help apply and place them - better than just fingers.

Sephora has a kit for fake lashes. It has this clip/holder thing that will securly hold the lashes in the correct half moon shape to apply the glue (use the Sephora or Make up forever glue and just get cheap lashes at the drug store or beauty supply store) and to apply to your lash line. It also has the wooden sticks that help you move it in place if slightly off. And it comes with small sissors to cut the lashes down in lenth of eye or length of lash (some are way too long both ways and look odd if not trimmed). These items really help make the process easier.

Another tip is to use the pointed end of the wooden stick to apply more glue to the corner of applied lashes if they aren't sticking well (the inside corner never sticks well for me). You can carefully add more glue to the underside of the end sticking up without getting it everywhere.

If you get some black eyeshadow (looks better if matte) you should use that along the lash line after applying to cover any glue and small gaps you may have between your real lash line and fake lash line (it happens occassionally but can't even tell if you color in the gap). It just looks like eyeliner if applied in a thin line.

Eyelash extensions - I was told by a company here that you should not swim in them (pool or ocean) or where mascara with them or they will start falling out pretty quickly. You also have to be very careful about the cleanser you use on your face. I was in Mexico for a week before the wedding so this was not an option for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysTea View Post
Yeah I wanna do lashes also but im afraid how they will hold up in water... I have this issue with my contacts also....smh....
i've tried both the semi-permanant and the kind you glue on yourself false lashes with swimming and contacts no big problem.

if applying with glue yourself at home kind, just 1) put contacts on first & don't rub & 2) don't get glue on the eye/contact frown.gif these held up okay during some swimming but felt loose after a shower. (this was the strip kind)

with semi-permanent, be careful to not bend, tug or pull on the extensions when putting contacts in/taking out, other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. had them on a cruisie last year, snorkelled (carefully putting on mask), swam, sauna, steam room. they held up quite well. i think the sealant from the lash salon i purchased to put on them everyday helped. At first a couple lashes seemed to have shifted after swimming but i was told if that happened to just put them back and let it reset. was totally fine after.

hope that helps =)

Great thread! Just wanted to add my 2 cents to the pot too!!

My job as a performer entails full stage make up every day, great lashes that withstand the test of time (I often wear the same pair for about 3 weeks before they get destroyed!) are Ardell lashes, I wear 105's, but they have many different lengths, thickness and styles. My natural lashes are pretty long so these are about the same length as my naturals, but they add a nice amount of thickness, and add that extra 'pop' to my eyes! They are only about $5 i think, and you can get them at Walmart, CVS, Sallys, Target... basically everywhere! Even if you decide to go with more expensive lashes and just want to practise applying and wearing lashes, these are cheap enough to do that without having to feel the pull on your purse strings!

A tip for everyone if you are applying fake lashes yourself - glue along the edge and apply so the lashes are more ''upwards'' to give you that wide eye look!

And I use DUO glue from MAC to apply them. One tube lasts me about a year! It's great for people with sensitive skin and eyes as its hypoallergenic and very light. Easy to take off with a bit of oily eye make up remover.

Thanks all :)