Are we done shouting?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Gretchen

Gretchen
  • Banned
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

I can no longer see where the "shouts" are.... Is that no longer an option? I like to read through those at times between threads and went to see them - but the whole area was not showing.
    Is it just me?
    Gretchen "GiGi"

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

the shoutbox has been disabled for a bit to see if the forum runs better....

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Nope, not just you! This area was removed to help improve the forum performance. The shoutbox was taking up a lot of resources. We wanted to see if this helped reduce the number of errors people are getting.

#4 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Gretchen, Tammy has deactivated the shout box for now to see if the forum will run a little smoother and faster. There have been some technical problems with the forum that Tammy has been working really hard on fixing. For now the shoutbox will be deactivated, just so we can have the forum running smoothly. Don't worry we are always here to chat and offer advice.

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

holy cow, i must say ive noticed how quickly my pages now load since the shoutbox was removed...

i love the shoutbox, but wow, my pages load instantly now!

#6 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

Hey, if that helps with the erorrs, taht is awesome! I was wondering why I didn't get booted out at lunchtime today. I usually can't get in hardly at all between 12-1

#7 Gretchen

Gretchen
            • Banned
            • 416 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

Ok - I was just not sure if it was me. Sometimes I can't see things (usually photos) at my office that show for others. Then, when I get home all if fine and I can see them. Wasn't sure if that was the case with the shout box.
              Thanks for the info ladies!
              Gretchen "GiGi"

#8 meandpaul

meandpaul
              • 233 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

Um, I didnt even notice it missing...I insanely hit the "Unread Posts" button.

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Mine has been running the same as it was this morning when we still had the shoutbox, I'm on a work computer with whatever the superfast amazing connection type of internet thing is called. And most days I am pulling my hair out trying to post or whatever, but today it's been awesome before and after the shoutbox. Which I will really miss if we have to permanantly disable it I think it adds a personal "real-time" element to all of our "conversations".

#10 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

I've rarely used the shout box so for purely selfish reasons, I'm fine with it going away if it means less lag on the boards! Woohoo, time to get to postin'!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users