• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

OK I am having a major breakdown! My dress still doesn't zip up all the way - It is almost there but I am having major freak out issues - I am on WW and working out @ the gym 3-4 days/week - Do you think 11 weeks is enough time? How much ahead of time do I have to get it altered?? I am freaking out!!!!!

#2 Diana

Diana
    • 167 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

Ok, Ok, just relax..... freakin out never helps. WW is a great and healthy way to loose a few extra lbs - they say that it is norm to loose 2lbs/week. I did WW before and found that as I got closer to my goal I only lost an avg of 1lb/week. If you can almost zip it... YOU CAN DO IT!!! If you are close - read up on what you should/should not eat the day before and the day of your wedding. Just a little bloat makes a big difference. GOOD LUCK and keep with it!!!

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

Sorry to hear you are stressed. The few days before are important so do what you can now and skip the salt for a few days before. You can do it! I have seen brides get dresses altared days before so just see what you can do.

#4 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

You have enough time to have it altered - why not save yourself all the stress and make sure you are comfortable? Just my 2 cents
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#5 fogdog

fogdog
          • 170 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

I had my dress altered as tight as I could bc it was strapless. Then I was so busy and stressed the week before the wedding that I ended up having to pull it up all night because it was loose!
            Stay focused and stick to your plan, drink lots of water (only), and you should be fine. 11 weeks is alot of time.
            Bridget and Brian
            Los Cabos 11/17/07

#6 nat4crim

nat4crim
            • 163 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:14 AM

I think 11 weeks is plenty of time given that you don't have to lose that many inches/pounds to zip up your dress all the way. Is it a realistic goal? Also, you may want to up the amount of exercise you do to 5-6 days a week and the type of exercise you do. Your body gets used to the same routine and you may need to switch things up and push yourself harder. Also, try eating 5 small meals a day vs the tradional 3. I just joined a bikini boot camp class 2X a week for an hour, plus I work out at home. I've also started eating 5 times a day. In only 2 weeks, I swear I'm starting to see a difference. The bikini boot camp is crazy hard but working. I'm also doing an exercise program called turbo jam which involves weights and kickboxing. It is hard, but loads of fun. You can also consult a personal trainer/dietician if you can afford it. If after 6 weeks it still does not fit you will still have time for alterations.
              Good Luck :)

#7 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
              • 933 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:53 AM

also, do you have ondemand on your cable? There are tons of exercise programs on there. Good luck!
                My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#8 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                • 933 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:53 AM

oh, and i usually lose weight quickly with slim-fast.
                  My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#9 neen

neen
                  • 633 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

don't freak out...11 weeks is plenty of time to do a little slimdown, but i have to agree with kashmira - it'd be worth the piece of mind to have the dress altered if you can afford it

#10 lucy106

lucy106
                    • 2,880 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

11 Weeks is plenty of time! I can totally understand and empathize with your stress but you will be just fine! WW is ideal!! Maybe talk to someone at WW about your fears and they can give you some last minute pointers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users