Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5821 leigh2011

leigh2011
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

That is one thing you certainly don't have to worry about...I will put up a super long review.  If you have seen my planning thread, then you know I will bore you with details....

I am sooo excited for you girls gettin married this weekend! I hope you all have a safe trip, beautiful weather, and a LONG review with LOTS of pictures when you get back!!

#5822 jana297

jana297
    • 646 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Ok guys I just looked online at their wedding planning guide and the club terrace is listed as an option to hold your reception. I really don't understand why this would have changed by any means. I think we might all be good.

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
      April 6, 2012

#5823 Katnkiko

Katnkiko
      • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

I also asked for the club terrace and the w.c said it was not an option.

#5824 hairdos11

hairdos11
        • 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Leigh2011 I'm just getting in on the 6th so I'm going to miss your wedding. Your planning thread looks great! I hope everyone has a safe flight! I know that someone that told me they had a freind get married here I believe it was last Nov. and it wasn't that busy when it came to the pools, restraunts, etc. I think due to 11-11-11 weddings it might be busy from what my travel agent says, but I'm hoping for the best for all of us. All you 2012 brides will have lots of reviews to read when we all get home.

#5825 jana297

jana297
          • 646 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

She told me I could have it so she had better not back down on that as well. I will be checking my contract tonight. I hope it is written in.

Originally Posted by Katnkiko 

I also asked for the club terrace and the w.c said it was not an option.

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
            April 6, 2012

#5826 BreMarie

BreMarie
            • 24 posts
            • Wedding Date:December 10, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Puerto Aventuras

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

I have a random question, hopefully someone can help.  I sent my date request to Dreams this past weekend, do you know if you have to put down a deposit in order to pick the date?  Or does that come with the signing of the contract?

Thanks in advance :)

#5827 leigh2011

leigh2011
            • 277 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

From what I remember, the wedding coordinator lets you know if your date/time is available.  If it is available, then the deposit is required to officially hold the date for you. 

Originally Posted by BreMarie 

I have a random question, hopefully someone can help.  I sent my date request to Dreams this past weekend, do you know if you have to put down a deposit in order to pick the date?  Or does that come with the signing of the contract?

Thanks in advance :)

#5828 K Martinez78

K Martinez78
              • 46 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for the Info. I am not happy, I guess I will wait and see what happens? I will look into the spa terrace. I would like to see more photo's of the ballroom.

#5829 nfriedenberg

nfriedenberg
                • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

I cant wait to see you alls reviews!! Best wishes to you <3<3

Originally Posted by hairdos11 

Leigh2011 I'm just getting in on the 6th so I'm going to miss your wedding. Your planning thread looks great! I hope everyone has a safe flight! I know that someone that told me they had a freind get married here I believe it was last Nov. and it wasn't that busy when it came to the pools, restraunts, etc. I think due to 11-11-11 weddings it might be busy from what my travel agent says, but I'm hoping for the best for all of us. All you 2012 brides will have lots of reviews to read when we all get home.

#5830 mgl27

mgl27
                  • 60 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hi Girls!!

I am back. Just arrived home late last night.  Will work on my review etc.  In the mean time, friend me on FB Meghan Leeming Nenninger.  I have tons of pics.  But let me say....

My wedding was everything I dreamed of and YES, we survived what was a hurricane category 2, then a category 1, then finally a tropical storm.  The nerves were about shot by my wedding day.  However, all but 7 guests (of 64) made it, I got my wedding gazebo, cocktail hour outside, and photos.  Only thing was moving the dinner and reception inside the club terrace. Still beautiful and perfect (a tad hot though).

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts , I know you girls helped with that! :) 

Also, please be patient, those of you waiting on questions.  Honestly, after a the tropical storm, there was a lot a maintenance that had to get done, a lot of weddings still happening, but waiting to the last minute etc.  Give them a chance to respond.  I saw 5 weddings (besides my own) the week I was there.  They are busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But they are awesome!!!!!

Meghan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter