Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9741 marooon13

marooon13
  • 250 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

Thank you- That definitely helps!! Now hopefully my WC will be ok with it :o)

#9742 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi Ladies, Its been awhile since I've been on this site and I'm very sad to say its to report disturbing news.  I just read about a bride who drowned while having her pictures taken by a waterfall.  The article is here: 

#9743 chelsrj

chelsrj
    • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Just posted my full review of my 8/17/12 wedding! http://www.bestdesti...rt/reviews/6441

If you have any additional questions let me know. Happy planning!

#9744 jordanb

jordanb
      • 185 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hey brides - anyone have any luck (or try to) smuggling 15.5 year olds into the Royal? The only "child" coming to our wedding is my fiance's amost 16-year old brother, and so far all of our guests are staying at the Royal. Hoping they'll make an exception/turn a blind eye to him staying there. He's 6 ft tall, so you'd never know - the kid looks 18 and is as polite as can be....

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9745 chelsrj

chelsrj
        • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

My husbands cousin had just turned 16, literally days before the wedding, and is really tall and looks older but they didn't even question him. He checked in with his parents and had no issue. At least with us, they didn't ask for his ID or anything. You should be fine.

#9746 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by chelsrj 

My husbands cousin had just turned 16, literally days before the wedding, and is really tall and looks older but they didn't even question him. He checked in with his parents and had no issue. At least with us, they didn't ask for his ID or anything. You should be fine.

Thanks for sharing - that does make me feel better!

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9747 jordanb

jordanb
            • 185 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

For anyone else that comes after me and has the same Q, I received an insider tip from someone associated with the hotel who said to just have my TA book him as 16, and that they won't ask for documentation when he arrives. Just FYI in case anyone else runs into the same issue! :)

#9748 jenguitard

jenguitard
              • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Yay! 4 months to go!! I am sooo looking forward to winter this year! Lol

jordanb perhaps we will run into each other at the royal! We will be there until Jan 13!

#9749 jordanb

jordanb
                • 185 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Yay! 4 months to go!! I am sooo looking forward to winter this year! Lol jordanb perhaps we will run into each other at the royal! We will be there until Jan 13!

I may just have to track you down for any last minute onsite tips- we arrive the 12th!

#9750 jordanb

jordanb
                  • 185 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Ladies who just married at the Royal recently and used the non-covered chairs for the ceremony, did you pay extra for these? I went back in the forum and it sounds like the policy has gone back and forth in the last 2 years...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter