Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9111 stefdengg

stefdengg
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Did you ladies book a DJ yet? I've heard great things about a couple of them but WOWZA.. they are expensive!! 

#9112 Labebita911

Labebita911
    • 303 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Who are you brides using for hair and makeup???? or have used??

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9113 Labebita911

Labebita911
      • 303 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

also photography/video?

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

#9114 deniden

deniden
        • Site Supporter
        • 355 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
        • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Labebita911 

also photography/video?

I'm using Juan Navarro photography and Cancun Wedding Video for video. For what I needed, they had the best pricing and I love their work.

Originally Posted by Labebita911 

Who are you brides using for hair and makeup???? or have used??

I'm using the spa. I've heard that as long as you provide detailed pictures, you will get what you want. I plan on having someone here do my bridal hair and makeup, taking pictures and bringing the makeup down with me to Mexico.

Originally Posted by stefdengg 

Did you ladies book a DJ yet? I've heard great things about a couple of them but WOWZA.. they are expensive!! 

I booked Doremixx, I wanted Ivan but he's not available. I've heard the best about them. But you are right, big $$$.

#9115 JessicaAnne

JessicaAnne
        • 28 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

DITTO!!

Juan Navarro

Dorremix

Spa

Except the videographer, we don't have that on the agenda right now... :-)  Hair and make-up, the plan is the Spa, but a gf of mine is a hair stylist AND does make-up, so if she can make it, she will be taking care of this for us. :-)

Originally Posted by deniden 

I'm using Juan Navarro photography and Cancun Wedding Video for video. For what I needed, they had the best pricing and I love their work.

I'm using the spa. I've heard that as long as you provide detailed pictures, you will get what you want. I plan on having someone here do my bridal hair and makeup, taking pictures and bringing the makeup down with me to Mexico.

I booked Doremixx, I wanted Ivan but he's not available. I've heard the best about them. But you are right, big $$$.

#9116 Labebita911

Labebita911
          • 303 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

thanks!! :o)

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

#9117 KaraKristine

KaraKristine
            • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

GW Wedding,

I'm really looking forward to reading your review cause at this moment in time I'm ready to switch to ANY OTHER resort.  I'm so tired, annoyed and pissed with my Wedding Consultant. Every bit working with her has been a pain and just got done writing a not very nice email (which isn't me).  My fiance and his family keep telling me I should demand to speak with a manager but I'm not sure if that will make a difference.  If anyone on the forum is willing to offer an advice, perspective I'm all ears.  Oh and Happy Holidays :) 

#9118 deniden

deniden
              • Site Supporter
              • 355 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

What are your specific issues?

Originally Posted by KaraKristine 

GW Wedding,

I'm really looking forward to reading your review cause at this moment in time I'm ready to switch to ANY OTHER resort.  I'm so tired, annoyed and pissed with my Wedding Consultant. Every bit working with her has been a pain and just got done writing a not very nice email (which isn't me).  My fiance and his family keep telling me I should demand to speak with a manager but I'm not sure if that will make a difference.  If anyone on the forum is willing to offer an advice, perspective I'm all ears.  Oh and Happy Holidays :) 

#9119 RGWedding

RGWedding
              • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Kara, I'm not sure exactly what problems they are giving you but I would be glad to help or tell you my experience if you want to message me! I'm still working on my review.

My biggest problems were with their customer service. The front desk service has really deteriorated from last year when I was there. They gave my guests such a hard time! 20 of my guests reserved through travelcity or another webtsite...well they wouldn't allow them to check-in unless they had a printed itinerary. They wouldn't even accept the itinerary on their cell phones! I felt so bad that they guests had to deal with that after long flights. I also had two guests who bought 3 day guest passes (so expensive!) and the desk couldn't find their reservation...they accused them of lying. The manager finally came and found their paid reservation. With the fees The Royal charges, I expected better service.

My other big issue was the Spa. I got a pedicure the day of the wedding and she cut so deeply into my toe nail that it bleed profusely. I had pain the entire wedding and was bleeding. My toe got infected so badly the day after when I left for my honeymoon. I spent my entire honeymoon hardly being able to walk. My toe was bloody and oozed pus the entire trip. Its been three weeks and my toe is still nasty and in pain. The employees at the Spa were not trained and very unprofessional. I won't even go into what a horrible job they did with my make-up. Just please avoid the spa!

With all this said, it was truly a beautiful wedding. The ceremony outside was breathtaking. I couldn't have imagined anything more beautiful. I guess it's all trade-off. Message me if I can help!

Originally Posted by KaraKristine 

GW Wedding,

#9120 Labebita911

Labebita911
                • 303 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Does anyone know what is the civil ceremony reading that the officiant read?????? 

Thanks

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter