Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7251 Jenny310

Jenny310
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:46 AM

Welcome Mike!! I wish my FI was so involved, he's not into all the details but I wish he was!!

Jes - I could have sworn you left for PDC yesterday so as soon as I got to work I checked the planning thread hoping to see yours LOL

Diahr - we are still trying to figure out the video part, We def want one but the ones recommended by our photogragher are all booked

#7252 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

HAAH not yet we leave Sunday at 2am :) But I decided to take Friday off so I promise to share the link of my planning thread as soon as I get it up :)

Originally Posted by Jenny310 

Welcome Mike!! I wish my FI was so involved, he's not into all the details but I wish he was!!

Jes - I could have sworn you left for PDC yesterday so as soon as I got to work I checked the planning thread hoping to see yours LOL

Diahr - we are still trying to figure out the video part, We def want one but the ones recommended by our photogragher are all booked

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#7253 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
      • 677 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

Sooooo excited for you Jess!!!!!! you're going to have the most amazing wedding hun!! Can't wait to read all about it!

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

HAAH not yet we leave Sunday at 2am :) But I decided to take Friday off so I promise to share the link of my planning thread as soon as I get it up :)

#7254 kshows03

kshows03
        • 78 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

So I am currently looking for photographers and have two more for you to check into.  Cecilia Dumas is $550 and Vanessa Vargas is only $350!!    Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by msglave 

Morning ladies!

I am REALLY wanting to do a TTD but it is so not in our budget! Can anyone recommend a photographer with a GREAT price (500 or less?)

Also, I'm not using that person for makeup. I'm using Adrienne from Waves.

Can't believe there's only 39 days left! (screaming)!!!!

The Royal - Playa del Carmen - 2/12/11

#7255 JHarris

JHarris
          • 236 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:56 AM

Welcome Mike! So nice to see an interested party!

Jenny - ditto on that! Mine only cares about food, music and what he gets to wear. LOL....

Jes - OMG!! 2am?! WOW... At least you'll be super pumped and excited to not even feel tired. YAY!!! Can't believe you're leaving so soon. How did these months fly by?

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#7256 danielle6680

danielle6680
            • 40 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

Ditto on all of those! 

I got in touch with Marvin and his prices for boutonnieres and corsages are half of what the Royal is charging.  Thank you so much for the recommendation.   I think we're going to ask the best man's wife and sister to meet Marvin for pick-up to avoid the outside vendor fee.  We chose to only have a best man and MOH in the bridal party, so I can't ask bridesmaids to do the pick-up. 

Originally Posted by JHarris 

Jenny - ditto on that! Mine only cares about food, music and what he gets to wear. LOL....

Jes - OMG!! 2am?! WOW... At least you'll be super pumped and excited to not even feel tired. YAY!!! Can't believe you're leaving so soon. How did these months fly by?

Doug and Danielle ~ December 4, 2010

#7257 jesmcan

jesmcan
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

Thank you!!!!!! I cant wait now :)

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

Sooooo excited for you Jess!!!!!! you're going to have the most amazing wedding hun!! Can't wait to read all about it!

I know!!! I will sleep on the whole flight we get in at 11am which I loveee so we still get the whole day :) Your day will be here in the blink of an eye.

Originally Posted by JHarris 

Ya I am using Marvin as well - can't wait to see everything and how the flowers turn out

Originally Posted by danielle6680 

Ditto on all of those! 

I got in touch with Marvin and his prices for boutonnieres and corsages are half of what the Royal is charging.  Thank you so much for the recommendation.   I think we're going to ask the best man's wife and sister to meet Marvin for pick-up to avoid the outside vendor fee.  We chose to only have a best man and MOH in the bridal party, so I can't ask bridesmaids to do the pick-up. 

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#7258 msglave

msglave
                • 933 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

maybe gonzalo nunez would work something out with you. his prices are some of the most reasonable I've seen for the quality. also, sasha gluck has wedding packages starting at $650 for two hours, so I would think her TTD would be pretty well priced.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by kshows03 

Msglave - LuzMaria Avila is $550 USD.  (Best deal I have found).  You get a two hour TTD session, 30 - 4X6 prints, a DVD with 30 High Resolution Images and a Slideshow.  Her website is

Hi All,

I've neglected to post on here, but I have tried to keep up with the topics!  My fiancee and I are getting married on November 30th, 2010 at RPDC (We should see Jenny310 and FutureMrsYak there!).  I just got a phone call from Elsa (who has been pretty good, maybe a bit disorganized at some points) asking if we had arranged a person to conduct our ceremony.  I definitely overlooked this aspect!  I thought it was included in our package!!!!!!!!! They will provided somebody for 400$ she said..

We are having a symbolic ceremony only, so can anyone recommend someone to hold the ceremony for us?!  Bah, 28 days to the wedding, EEEK!

MIKE.... Probably one of the few guys doing planning around here!

LMBO! Too funny! How you doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Girl, I think if you really, really want to do it, you should :-). Tell FI i said so lol. You only live once, right? 

Thanks! I already have their price. It's a little over what I can squeeze out at the last minute.

Originally Posted by JoZee84 

I think you should def do it! I think that if you really want it and dont' wind up having it, you'll regret it.  Try Blue Lens.  They gave me an AWESOME price for the day of and the TTD session which also includes them picking us up the day after and fees into the caves.  If you email them talk to Enzo.

Yes. LOL!  I will PM it to you. I think we are going with the resort photographer. We already have a camcorder and a tripod but my FI doesn't want any guest to have to "work."

Originally Posted by diahr 

Hey MsGlave! I don't know how in the hell I managed to butcher the name of the salon, but I did mean Waves.  I have a client who's name is Ken, so I had way too much work on the brain, lol!  Please don't ask where the Paves part came in.

Thanks-Isn't Vargas the one who worked for Funever and then went on her owm? If so, I heard that she's pretty good. Cn you PM me her info? Thx!

Originally Posted by kshows03 

So I am currently looking for photographers and have two more for you to check into.  Cecilia Dumas is $550 and Vanessa Vargas is only $350!!    Hope that helps.

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                  Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                  www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#7259 msglave

msglave
                  • 933 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

Ladies, if you haven't voted for the Member of the Month for October yet, make sure you vote for Jess. The polls will close today. This is her last chance to me the Bride-to-be MOTM!

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                    www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#7260 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
                    • 614 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

GOOD CALL, msglave. 6 more votes and she's in the lead! : )

Originally Posted by msglave 

Ladies, if you haven't voted for the Member of the Month for October yet, make sure you vote for Jess. The polls will close today. This is her last chance to me the Bride-to-be MOTM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter