Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5831 Jenny310

Jenny310
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jesmcan 

Thanks Lady Di and jcooper! I think we decided sweat heart table for us and no assigned seating. We are using maracas as place card holders so everyone can grab their name and sit and than its not my problem lol. The only thing is without assigned seating do you think it will be chaos with 85 guests? We are doing food stations so we don't have to worry about entree choices.

Jes I think it will work out just fine, esp since you are doing food stations. Everyone will pretty much know eachother enough by then since its a vacation for them so I don't think anyone will feel wierd sitting with each other. :o)

Thats sooo great you are having that many guests!! I might be mistaken but weren't you doing the reception at kool beach or was that someone else?

#5832 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jenny310 

Jes I think it will work out just fine, esp since you are doing food stations. Everyone will pretty much know eachother enough by then since its a vacation for them so I don't think anyone will feel wierd sitting with each other. :o)

Thats sooo great you are having that many guests!! I might be mistaken but weren't you doing the reception at kool beach or was that someone else?

you make a very good point I feel so much better :) ya I am doing it at kool beach ceremony and cocktail hour at the royal

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#5833 msglave

msglave
      • 933 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by kerrimark2010 

We are doing a sweetheart table also - not because of any family drama but just because it's more romantic.  :-) 

We are also having 2 entree options.  Because The Royal makes us have placecards, and we don't want to have assigned seating, I had to come up with something different.  I found a seller on Etsy that uses upcycled glass jars with heart labels carved out of wood.  She is going to burn each guest's name onto the hearts and attach them to the jars.  I'm then going to wrap the top of each jar in tulle in our wedding colors (magenta and navy) based on which entree they choose.  The jars will have tea lights in them, so they'll be place cards as well as create a little ambiance once the sun goes down.  I think it will give the wedding a more personal touch.

That sounds really cute! Can you post that link? Thanks!

thanks ladies for all the feedback

I am waiting for Zulma on answers now to. I know the bill is not due till 60 days but I want to receive the final bill this month so if I have questions or disputes we can take care fo them with plenty of time lol.

How long does it take for you to hear from Zulma? It's next to impossible for me!

Is everyone's wedding setup on the new site? I have access to the site, but nothing is up there, not even my wedding date. I am trying to be patient but am really getting pisses. If we didn't have so many people booked, I'd honestly consider changing the wedding. I know it's supposed to be "worth it" in the end, but because they are always f**king up, I'm stressed that they may not have all of my details.

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
        Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
        www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#5834 Jenny310

Jenny310
        • 245 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

you make a very good point I feel so much better :) ya I am doing it at kool beach ceremony and cocktail hour at the royal

thats great that you're going to be splitting it up! I'm sure your guests are going to really love it.

#5835 jamk32179

jamk32179
          • 341 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

I was told since my wedding is so soon I won't have access to the site, but at the rate of how quickly things change who knows... at least my times and locations have been confirmed!!! 

Is everyone's wedding setup on the new site? I have access to the site, but nothing is up there, not even my wedding date. I am trying to be patient but am really getting pisses. If we didn't have so many people booked, I'd honestly consider changing the wedding. I know it's supposed to be "worth it" in the end, but because they are always f**king up, I'm stressed that they may not have all of my details.

September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#5836 heidirn622

heidirn622
            • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about booking my wedding for May 27, 2011 at the Royal.  All the information has been so helpful since I joined a few days ago.  Hope to join in on your discussions and get some more good tips from everyone.

Thanks,

Heidi

#5837 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
              • 277 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by heidirn622 

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about booking my wedding for May 27, 2011 at the Royal.  All the information has been so helpful since I joined a few days ago.  Hope to join in on your discussions and get some more good tips from everyone.

Thanks,

Heidi

Welcome Heidi, there is so much information on here and the ladies are fabulous.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#5838 Jennie0521

Jennie0521
                • 48 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hey guys.....so excited just booked and put down my deposit for April 28th, 2011 at the Royal Playa del Carmen. YAY

The Royal PCD - April 28th, 2011

#5839 jamk32179

jamk32179
                  • 341 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by heidirn622 

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Heidi

Hi there! Welcome to the Forum!! There is a TON of great information and ideas! Happy planning!

-Jen-

September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#5840 msglave

msglave
                    • 933 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

When is your wedding? Welcome new ladies!

Originally Posted by jamk32179 

I was told since my wedding is so soon I won't have access to the site, but at the rate of how quickly things change who knows... at least my times and locations have been confirmed!!! 

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter