Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#2281 Trinas79

Trinas79
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

Your slideshow was great - it looks like everyone had a blast!

Love your dress!

Congrats!

Kerri

#2282 aerazo

aerazo
    • 109 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

congrats! Your pictures look wonderful!
      Adriana
      Royal Playa del Carmen
      April 23, 2010

#2283 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hi Ladies, happy holidays to everyone!!

I wanted to let everyone know that we decided to changed our reception from the Royal afterall.

But all our guests and us are still staying at the Royal and the Gran Porto. We are also still doing our ceremony followed by a champagne toast at the Royal.

I will still be here, if anyone needs any of the reception info I will hold onto it.
        The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2284 randi.renstrom

randi.renstrom
        • 70 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

where did you change your reception to?

#2285 jesmcan

jesmcan
          • 1,091 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by randi.renstrom
            where did you change your reception to?
            Hi Randi,

We are having it at a place called Kool Beach Club which is right next door to the Royal.

We decided in the end we wanted something more private. Kool let's you have the entire place to yourself. And after all the drama and the constant change of rates as well as certain policies we decided the Royal was just not for us. It really just came down to our personal preferance. We also saved a lot of money so I was happy with that :)

#2286 becks1581

becks1581
            • 477 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

Jescam,
              Congrats on finding a plan for your wedding that is perfect for you! I've seen pictures of a couple of weddings at Kool that were just gorgeous. Did you really find that moving your reception off-site was cheaper than doing it at the Royal? That's surprising...so much for the all-inclusive thing saving us money!!

#2287 aerazo

aerazo
              • 109 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

With you moving your reception to the Kool Beach Club, does that mean you need to find all your own vendors such as caterers, cake person, etc... or does Kool Beach CLub provide that? I think that place looks awesome, and there was a point that i thought to myself, darn it, i should have done it at the Kool Beach CLub. congrats you moved it to that place, its super cool!

Out of curosity, do they charge you a rental fee for using their space? and till what time can you have your reception until at night? Do you have contact information for them or a website? =)

Thanks!
                Adriana
                Royal Playa del Carmen
                April 23, 2010

#2288 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

I started a thread on Kool beach club and I gave a whole review with tons of answers :) Don't hesitate to contact me if you have more questions

http://bestdestinati....7/#post1112055

#2289 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

I hope that someone has contacted you by now! If not definately get your TA on the phone so you can get your details and pricing worked out prior to going!

Side note- I am located only about 30 minutes from you in Allegan Mi ! Small world!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jennieestelle
                    Thanks Lady Di! I was wondering when I would be assigned my actual wedding coordinator at the Royal. My wedding is only 6 1/2 weeks away and I haven't been in contact with anyone from the hotel. So, I guess I will just be patient and wait and see. Also your picture of the boxer with Santa is just adorable :).

#2290 jamk32179

jamk32179
                    • 341 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hi Ladies,
                      I have confirmed my date and paid the deposit, what is the next step in the process. I haven't heard anything from my US WC. I still have time, but just want to see how long it took before hearing from someone to start the planning process.
                      Thanks!
                      Jen
                      September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter