Veil Decision -- Down to Two.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

Ok ladies ... This weekend has been all about getting caught up on the forum and getting caught up DW stuff that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Now, it's veil time. I love the veil they showed me at David's Bridal when I bought the dress, but it's almost $200 -- and I just don't see spending that much.

So I've found 2 veils for less that half that cost and would like some feedback. I'm posting a pic of my dress detail so you can see what it will be laying up against.

I want an elbow length veil -- I've picked one that's a 1-tier and one that's a 2-tier.

I also don't know if I should get ivory or champagne.

Or -- should I get a plain veil w/o detailing at all?

Here's my dress detail:
    Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the 1-tier veil w/ detailing (shown in cathedral length but I'd be getting elbow length):

Here's the 2-tier veil w/ detailing.

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:42 PM

I say the second one, only because your dress has so much detailing on it, I think the first one would take away from the dress. Know what I mean?

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

I voted for 1-tier ivory. They would all be beautiful, but I'm a fan of 1-tier and the traditional ivory coloring.

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

I like the 2 tier (last one) Tami. I think it will look really good with the detailing on your gorgeous dress ( this is the first time I saw it btw). Veils are so much fun and I think the bridal essential accessory. lol

Your day is comming up quickly, you must be getting more and more excited!!

#5 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:39 PM

if i have to choose, i say #2...but i think a plain veil would be best - kinda feel like less is more here....so i didn't vote.
          where'd you find decent priced veils tho? i'm still searching (and running out of time!)

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

I think a 1 tier ivory would be beautiful! The detail on the one will compete with your dress, and your dress is too beautiful!

#7 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

I also did not vote, I think you should go 1 tier and plain. I personally like 1 tier though, that is what I went with. I think you need to try them on with your dress to know which one you like the best.

#8 Sharonie

Sharonie
              • 557 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:49 PM

I am with Julie. A 1 tier and plain veil probably will be better. The veil is there to compliment you don't want it to take away the attention to the details on your dress.

#9 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

I think the 2 tier veil is beautiful. I would get in in ivory. Your dress is amazing!!
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#10 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sharonie
                    I am with Julie. A 1 tier and plain veil probably will be better. The veil is there to compliment you don't want it to take away the attention to the details on your dress.
                    I agree 100%. The veil shouldn't take away from the dress at all, it should only highlight the dress. When I look at the second picture, I see veil right away - I think it'd be too much. I like the first one, but again, I agree - I think something with only one tier and simplified a little, even if it's not completely plain, that'd ADD to your dress in the end. :)
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users