to the forum! Happy planning!!!

#12 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
    • 815 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:00 AM

Welcome to the forum! Happy planning!
      http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#13 royfa

royfa
      • 2,201 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:43 AM

Welcome to the forum & happy planning!
        Fannie & Pierre

#14 niels408

niels408
        • 327 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am so excited! We are pretty sure we want the wedding to be in Mexico, its just deciding where in Mexico we want to have it! i don't want a resort that is so gigantic (like Iberostar in RM sp?) that our guests have to walk miles or ride a golf cart to get @ it. Also, do you have any recommendations on what time of year is best in Mexico? I hear summer is $$$ due to tourist season & then Aug-Nov is hurricane season..is that correct? You guys are life savers, being apart of this forum takes alot of stress of my shoulders now!

Thank you!

Laura

#15 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
          • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:25 AM

Jean-Marcus,

Please read the http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t921 before continuing to post. Please note that this post is considered spamming and is not permissible. Further posts as such will result in a permanent ban.

#16 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

welcome laura! nice to meet you!

#17 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

Welcome Laura! This is the place to be for all kinds of help and great info!
              My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#18 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by niels408

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am so excited! We are pretty sure we want the wedding to be in Mexico, its just deciding where in Mexico we want to have it! i don't want a resort that is so gigantic (like Iberostar in RM sp?) that our guests have to walk miles or ride a golf cart to get @ it. Also, do you have any recommendations on what time of year is best in Mexico? I hear summer is $$$ due to tourist season & then Aug-Nov is hurricane season..is that correct? You guys are life savers, being apart of this forum takes alot of stress of my shoulders now!

Thank you!

Laura

Welcome, Laura! Ok, if you want Mexico, there are lots of good options that are decently close to Colorado --- Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Las Caletas, and then if you wanna go a little further south theres Ixtapa and Acapulco on the west coast. I'm pretty confident you should be able to get direct flights to all of those from Colorado. If you want east coast Mex, there's fun places like Playa del Carmen, Cancun and the like.

If you're looking for places that aren't huge all-inclusive resorts, Las Caletas is really cool where AnnR got married (based on the photos I've seen from everyone around here, but I'm sure they'll vouch!). There are also smaller resorts, or resorts that arent AI in just about every location that can accomodate both small and large groups.

Rainy season begins mid to late Aug on the west coast. Late Oct and Nov are generally pretty safe -- if it rains, its not an all day affair. Give us some more details about what you are looking for, how many guests etc etc and we will help you come up with some options that match what you're looking for! I can only personally tell you about costs in Cabo, but May-July is pretty pricey -- our group room rate for Aug 9th is HALF the price someone else I know got for their group in May. Kate (LALA) could probably tell you more about the Cabo prices in December, she just got married there.

#19 coreyphil

coreyphil
              • 497 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

Welcome Laura!!

You'll find lots of great help here!

Happy Planning!

#20 Alipires1

Alipires1
                • 298 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

Welcome. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not sure on details I just know I want a destination wedding!

Happy planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users