Photo

Who else's diet is out the window for the holidays?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

i say f--k diets in general! food is meant to be enjoyed!

#12 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

Diet, what diet? Gym, what's that?

I need to look these terms up and focus on what they mean! I think I have GAINED weight since I bought my dress, which was a sample and fit me with no room to spare. I am afraid to try it back on and see me looking all fat and gross and it will ruin the picture of my dress. I am stalking freecycle to see if I can find an exercise machine, cuz I don't have time to go to the gym.

#13 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

ditto..mine has been so bad.......oh well..jan new year...but dont put to much presser on yourself go to the gym if you have time youll do it no worries your a beautiful girl......
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#14 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

We ( FH and I ) were trying to loose weight but just yesterday decided to just try and maintain. I read somewhere that trying to loose this time of year is really hard.

#15 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

i know i feel like i should just try not to GAIN any weight, keep working out and enjoy - then get back on the food /no drinking tip for the new year- i need to stop beating myself up!!!

#16 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

Ever since I started taking the meds I'm on, I've been gaining a little weight.. I feel horrible and not attractive.. I really need to start working out again.. UGH..

#17 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
              • Banned
              • 381 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

I ALWAYS gain weight in the winter. Like I am some cave-woman or something that needs to bulk up for warmth..... I am pretty happy at a size 12 or 14 normally. (like to be a 12 better - but that's pretty hard for me!) I am now a solid 14 and probably gaining through the holidays. But, I plan to really hit the diet (and maybe a gym if I can get THAT motivated) in the new year. I want to be a 12 for the DW. I may try some diet pills.... they usually help me. Any suggestions on what has worked for anyone?

#18 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

sad to say, mine has been and I am only feeling worse and worse about it. One party after another, and all the crap people bring in to work!
                  I am really trying to be good, but it feels impossible! I really need to be watching myself and going to the gym, but I don't feel so motivated!

#19 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:50 PM

I think a good goal for the holidays is not to GAIN weight. It's so hard to avoid temptation and to feel like you are missing out. If I'm going to a party I eat before I go. I'm a super picky eater anyways so this is standard practice for me (hehe don't invite me to dinner). Once there I can only eat a bit and not feel rude and still enjoy the dinner without everyone concentrating on why I'm not eating and trying to give me food. I've found doing this REALLY helps.

Don't deny yourself either. Eat a small slice of pie, cake or whatever. Don't feel guilty about it. Just go to the gym regularly and you have no worries. (easier said then done, right?)

My FI is a super freak. He LOVES working out and used to compete in weight lifting competitions. To get my butt to the gym, I told him to physically pick me off the couch if I don't get up. It's worked so far. I feel really bad if I don't go.

Get a work out partner. And if you lack motivation, make sure it's a super motivated person. Otherwise you will spend most of the time talking each other out of working out. My sister and I are famous for that. "I'm too tired. I don't want to work out." "Yah, me either. What's on TV?"
                    Happily married since 2008

#20 Jenn

Jenn
                    • 1,557 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:07 PM

Ok... I was good... you all know I was good... then the holidays hit and I've been bad - really bad. I've been holding my weight within a few pounds, but stopped going to the gym, and have been eating like a horse. I really haven't gained, so I must be doing something right. I've been really stressed on top of everything with the house, so its a mess. I'm going back to the gym this week though, no excuses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users