Photo

Personal Wedding Website

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#111 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:50 AM

Mark did our website, and I designed it. He's a web developer and I'm an Art Director.

#112 meltanirie

meltanirie
    • 283 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
      we used wedquarters.com

$25 for a year of hosting, and $15 for a custom domain.
      I was also planning on using wed quarters as they are the cheapest

#113 meltanirie

meltanirie
      • 283 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

I love your site can you tell me how much the fee was and if there is a free trial

#114 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by meltanirie
          I was also planning on using wed quarters as they are the cheapest

there are free ones that are really good if you are looking for the cheapest.

#115 MoKe0506

MoKe0506
          • 81 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

I used mywedding.com. It is completely free and very easy to use. I am still working on mine and I am becoming a bit obsessed with it, lol. I am so happy that I found this thread so I can see everyone's great ideas. My website is below in my signature.

#116 Samantha S

Samantha S
            • 369 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenn3878
              Has anyone recenty used Personal Wedding Websites - WedQuarters.com
              I dont know what to do....Wedquarters.com is $29.95 per year and an extra $14.95 per year for your own .com, so about $45 for a year with my own .com. I would love to sign up and do weddingwindow.com because I like the templates they have a little better but they are $99 per year, plus $15 for your own .com, so that is about $115. $70.00 difference....and do I really need my own .com? $70-85 to spend elswhere? What would you do?
              Thanks girls!! :)
              Just so you all know, you can buy your own URL for about $10 from sites like godaddy.com and have it link to whatever wedding web site you go with-- paid for or free. Just a thought!

#117 jodylynn007

jodylynn007
              • 99 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to decide on a site to register with to create my online wedding website. Do any of you know of a site that allows for photo sharing amongst your guests right on the wedding website? Please let me know if you do, or if not, how you incorporated this into your own wedding. I want to maximize on all my friends and relatives photos of the wedding so I need to plan ahead! :)

#118 seebree57

seebree57
                • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

We used Personal Wedding Websites and Planning Tools | Free Trial Wedding Website, and with a 50% discount code from the knot, it was only $30 for twelve months. The beach design is super cute, and even has a flash intro. Everyone loves it!

#119 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

this may be a bit repetitive but here is my two cents about a few different websites I tried:

Weddingannouncer.com
                    PROS: very functional
                    CONS: No beachy / destination wedding background

Strayweddings.com
                    PROS: I LOVED the background
                    CONS: cannot make up your own page (need to use their templates) & 12 photo maximum
                    *I emailed them with a few suggestions, because I was planning on going with this before finding momentville, and they made a few of my suggested changes within a week, I was impressed.

Myweddings.com
                    PROS: customizable pages
                    CONS: Beachy themes not quite as pretty as others

Islandbrides.com
                    CONS: No RSVP option

eweddings.com
                    CONS: Lots of basic options missing with the free version

And finally, the one I chose... (after setting up a website with each of the others!!!)

momentville.com
                    PROS: beautiful background, very functional, create your own pages
                    CONS: momentville sounds so cheasy! (I put that comment in my guestbook though so people can laugh about it)

#120 morenaindc

morenaindc
                    • 221 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

I signed up for wedquarters and would recommend it. Very easy to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users