ROR Reception: Poolside vs. Plantation?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 nscaper

• 119 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

This is on par with the beach reception (Seagrape). $10 pp for open bar and $5 pp for tables and chairs. I also think the pool will be very pretty!!

#22 msasfraz

• 392 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

has anyone had either?

#23 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:45 AM

not yet, but i will come April 21 2009...im going to have a poolside reception, not the dinner though.....and i will definately take tons of pics...your wedding is way before mine though!!!!!!

we thought we would prefer to have a beach reception, but when we just got around to booking it we discovered that it was already booked, so that left us to think about other options......but after thinking about it, a lot of our guests are elder and already have trouble walking on the sand so i guess it worked out best that we couldnt have it on the beach!

#24 CarissaRiu2009

• 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:49 PM

I got the same email from Chandlyn today, she said we could have dinner at the steakhouse and then the reception on the poolside for $15 p/p. don't know about entertainment

#25 Niki

• 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

I'm new to this forum...so new I don't even have a profile set up :) I'm planning my wedding at the RIU this April and am trying to decide between the plantation, beach and poolside receptions. I would LOVE to see some of your pics from your beach reception!! And what you thought of having it on the beach. My email addy is niki.hirschmann@gmail.com. Thanks!

#26 smk

• 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hi All,

Our wedding isn't until oct/09...is it too early to start asking about the reception options and prices.

#27 Scott-Pierre

• 456 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

I don't think it is too early. Our wedding is mid sept '09 and we already booked our choice. Alot of people get married there and plan early. We didn't get our first choice for the time of our wedding ceremony, so we knew we had to book our reception early! Good luck with your planning!

#28 JamaicaBrideToBe

• 89 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

We have the Poolside booked for Jan. 6/09, we will be there for the entire reception. Dinner, speeches and dancing. We have the DJ already booked to play. We have our own professional photographer as well, we will have loads of pics to share.

#29 hardlyanangel

• 25 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

I'm unable to open attachment, Does anyone know what is on the menu for poolside dinner?

#30 drbrainfreeze

• 813 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

you should be able to open it now. you need 50 points to open an attachment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users