Photo

ROR Reception: Poolside vs. Plantation?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 darairene

darairene
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

According to Chandlyn the only places you can have a reception at ROR is at the poolside, beach, or at the Plantation. I thought I had heard about other restaurants besides Plantation on this forum? Also, has anyone opted for the poolside reception? That sounds like it would be awesome! Any pics? Which poolside? Could it accomodate 100 people?

Yes -- I'm new at this :) I'm sure I'm anxious for nothing...

right?

Hope ya'll are doing well! It's 80 and sunny here in good ole' Minneapolis...i.e. we're having a blizzard right now.

Dara

#2 darairene

darairene
    • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Mo!! I just finished reading your post on your ROR experience. THANKS -- such a blessing...

Mammee is not an option I don't think. Tomme and I have too many people coming. Hopefully that might change over the next few months

#3 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
      • 78 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

Hello! I am a new ROR bride and I am looking into the poolside option for our reception, I think it could be so gorgeous. I'm wondering if any ROR brides have seen this set up yet? Sorry if I am just repeating this question, I have a LOT more wonderful forum to search through!

#4 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Hi! I too am looking to poolside or beach receptions! I don't think that many people have dont these options thouh. From what I understand, its $50 per person.

#5 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
          • 186 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

Hey Dara!!
            to the forum!!
            I'm having my reception at the plantation...mostly because im having about 115 guests . If you're having a larger party, my suggestion would be the plantation...not sure if poolside can accomodate a huge wedding party...but then again I've never been, the space may be huge.

Bobbi

#6 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

I've never seen the poolside reception, I didnt even know it was an option! I'm not sure how that would work!
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#7 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
              • 78 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Ok I got a little more info from my travel agent. She said that it is $50 per person, but I am not sure about the menu. I know the beach reception menu is more like a barbeque for $50 pp, and this is not what I would want for poolside, especially because everyone seems to be raving about the food in mamme bay and the plantation. I am also not sure if that would include open bar...maybe another $10 per person?? She said it is set up along one of the sides of the jr. suites infinity pool, and the reception cannot begin until after 6:30. She said it could accomodate my 75 guests with dancing, but suggested I do the disco? But after seeing all the fab pics, I'd definitely want the BEACH!!!

#8 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                • 813 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

I have been really leaning towards the pool. I would like to set up luminaries and i think it would look beautiful. Of course, I wish i could see pics of this. I think regardless of what I choose, it will be beautiful though

#9 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
                  • 70 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

We are having a beach reception from 6:30 - 10:30 (hopefully more like 11ish). It is $50 per person and includes open bar, set up and 3 different menus and tiki torches. The dinner is buffet and would cost extra to be served. We went back and forth between the pool and beach but figured the beach because when is the next chance we'll be able to dance in the sand? :-) Everyone is excited about it. We are using tiki torches provided by Chandlyn and also have 100 luminaries to set out.
                    Jocelyn & Cory
                    RIU Ocho Rios

#10 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
                    • 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:26 PM

Thank you Jocelyn, I'm sure most of that info applies to the poolside as well! The beach does sound beautiful, and soo authentic, please take many pictures, you will be there so soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users