Jump to content

nscaper

Newbie
  • Content Count

    119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by nscaper

  1. I also had the steel drum band. At ROR: $350 for one hour. The guests loved it. I did too, but I was so wrapped up in everything I didn't hear them until after the ceremony THey were good then. I found in between songs their breaks were long-ish and I wished they would have played straight through. But no regrets. Get them.
  2. I did the TTD at Dunns. After starting it in the Ocean that same morning. We did the beach ones at 5:30 am and Dunns didn't open until 8. By 7:40 when we were getting in a cab my dress was almost dry (but we brought a towel and a plastic bag just in case I was wet.) But I dried out pretty good. I even wore the dress home from Dunns without soaking everything. When we got to Dunns for 8am there was not anyone there. when we were leaving there were tons of people just starting to walk down to the falls. I got some looks but it was fine!
  3. Quote: Originally Posted by latricej919 Hey what time was your wedding? And when/what time did you start your TTD session? Our wedding was at 12 noon. It was hectic in the morning, and gave us (too much) time to relax in the afternoon, but the weather was the best for the whole day (we got sun - and clouds came in later in the afternoon). TTD was done 2 days later. We started on the beach at 5:20am and waited for the sun to rise and then mosey'ed along. We arrived at Dunns River Falls at 8am before the crowds of people. Quote: Originally Posted by hclarke1480 Pretty pictures- was you set up at for the cermony the free package? Also did you have to pay a fee to bring in your own photographer? Did you have any problems with Micheal or Photoshop crew? Quote: Originally Posted by m_willis22 your pics are great. i am definitely going to have to do my TTD at Dunns River now. this was already asked, but did you have any issues bringing your own photographer? and was the food in your pics from the Mammee Bay included reception, because that looked good. We did the free package (the Birds of Paradise and white Tulle are the set up for the free package) we did not add on any extra decorations. They were quite expensive. I regret not doing the chair covers. Even though they were expensive, I hated the brown chairs. I think I am the only one who cared though. The dinner was the free dinner with the Steakhouse (Mammee Bay menu) - because there were many large weddings that day, we were bumped to the Plantation (which is closed at night, so very private) but with the SAME steakhouse menu. The food was great. (So same menu, different location for logistics) The photographer we brought was a paying guest at the resort. We had NO problems. We told Chandlyn we had our own photographer and she said okay. I never saw anyone from Photoshop anywhere at all during the wedding times.
  4. Quote: Originally Posted by latricej919 Very nice....Everything looks great. Congrats on your marriage! I love, love, love your TTD photos...Where did you all take them? We started out on the beach at the resort, then the pool (no pictures shown) and then headed to Dunn's River. The photos on the dock were taken on the beach at Dunn's. We did some photos in the falls which I have yet to see! Thanks everyone! I am very pleased with the photos so far!
  5. I too am in a predicament about whether to do the AHR or not. We recently (April 21st, 2009) got married in Jamaica. We originally said no to AHR because we wanted to put that money towards wedding things and have the best wedding down there we could since our guests (26 people) travelled so far. We thought about doing a backyard BBQ but even that was a maybe. However, while the wedding (ceremony) was fantastic, the reception and rest of day were not my "dream" wedding (I haven't done a review yet, but I am working on it). We skimped on things down there to save money that made me unhappy after the time. I was left wanting more. So upon arriving back home, DH said we can do whatever I want (within limits) since he knew I wasn't 100% happy with the reception in Jamaica, I think he was thinking about just a backyard BBQ relatively soon (we even started thinking about menu - Jamaican jerk chicken, appleton rum and rum cake!), but the more I think about guest list, the more I realize my backyard is too small for what I picture! And I don't know if I could wear my dress again in the backyard! (although I really want to wear it again!) So now I'm thinking about going bigger, and more formal. But that comes with a bigger pricetag, which defeats the whole purpose of doing things cheaper down south! I'm a student right now and money is tight. I love BDW but it puts too many thoughts into my head sometimes :S I'm torn.
  6. So I just returned from ROR (wedding was April 21st). I am still in the process of thinking things through for my review, there is quite a few things I would have changed, but overall things went well and everyone (28 guests) had a good time. Here a a link to the FB pics of the non-pro ones that I gathered up from friends so far http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=151f091d38 We took our own photographer with us, and he sent a couple of sneak peek photos that I wanted to share! There are alot more where those came from and I have a feeling it'll be awhile before we see them all because he took so many!
  7. I too am in a predicament about whether to do the AHR or not. We recently (April 21st, 2009) got married in Jamaica. We originally said no to AHR because we wanted to put that money towards wedding things and have the best wedding down there we could since our guests (26 people) travelled so far. We thought about doing a backyard BBQ but even that was a maybe. However, while the wedding (ceremony) was fantastic, the reception and rest of day were not my "dream" wedding (I haven't done a review yet, but I am working on it). We skimped on things down there to save money that made me unhappy after the time. I was left wanting more. So upon arriving back home, DH said we can do whatever I want since he knew I wasn't 100% happy with the reception in Jamaica, I think he was thinking about just a backyard BBQ relatively soon (we even started thinking about menu - Jamaican jerk chicken, appleton rum and rum cake!), but the more I think about guest list, the more I realize my backyard is too small for what I picture! And I don't know if I could wear my dress again in the backyard! (although I really want to wear it again!) So now I'm thinking about going bigger, and more formal. But that comes with a bigger pricetag, which defeats the whole purpose of doing things cheaper down south! I'm torn.
  8. The 16th person free varies by resort AND by carrier. When we were researching resorts some were 1 in 11, 1 in 16, 1 in 21, 1 in 32... The riu's (which I think sunquest is the exclusive carrier in my area) were different based on location. I think the Mexican Riu's required the most number of people for a complementary trip. But at ROR, we got 1 in 16, if we would have got enough Jr. suites booked by a certain time it would have been 1 in 11. But we didn't get it. and we were short 2 people for 2 free trips But one was a help!
  9. You both look VERY happy! What package did you have? I like your gazebo decorations with the Birds of Paradise! What time of day did you get married?
  10. Beautiful pictures! Congrats! A couple of questions: 1. What package did you buy? 2. Did you find the music/entertainment from the entertainment stage "too much" while you were having your reception below at the Seagrape? 3. What did you ceremony decorations look like? And the Seagrape ones? Did you pay extra (i.e. if you had the free package) or were they included (did you have a "paying" package) 4. You didn't say anything about your cake, how was it? So happy for you! Personally, I LOVE how the sky looks when it's clearing after rain.. I hope I have clouds in the sky on my wedding day (kinda sorta )
  11. Fyi Erika J The first few black ones on that page say Tungsten Style Ceramic... So I'd watch that.... I don't know about "Ceramic" but it's not Tungsten.... Quote: Originally Posted by Erika J Hey. My FI is interested in the black tungsten wedding bands, Like this on: Black Tungsten Rings & Bands Our jewler that sold us the E -ring did not seem to have good things to say bout tungsten and had no info on the black tungsten. Does anyone have any info good or bad on black tungsten? Side note: a lot of the websites have lifetime guarantees , so they must "last".
  12. RaydensMama - Can you say where you got it from? I am researching tungsten rings now and utilizing the links given here and I want to make sure if we do go the online route - we do it right!
  13. I just got my proof tonight and these are my flowers! I love them and I don't think I could be happier!
  14. I just got my proof tonight and these are my flowers! I love them and I don't think I could be happier!
  15. We booked with Sunquest as well and this may help you out. Sunquest Vacations I believe you have the option of the free Heys luggage or $200 credit to the e-boutique here is the actual e-boutique website http://www.mytravelboutique.ca/welcome.asp
  16. I guess it depends on what you want to spend. Mammee Bay is Free (and semi-private). Plantation (private) costs a few hundred dollars for a few hours.
  17. Basically, we went up to Playa Del Carmen in a cab. There were 5 of us so it was relatively inexpensive. I do believe the Collectivo does NOT go that far. The cab dropped us off somewhere in the main area and we just walked around and did some shopping. It is VERY touristy. But it was a cool feel and I loved it. Once it got dark it was a little sketchy when you were walking down the main road because young guys were trying to get your attention and get you to come into their restaurants and stores. We didn't make it all the way down the main street because the older adult in our group was getting very tired... BUT it was cool. IF there is an excursion, don't book it, just go on your own. There's lots to see. Hope that helps!
  18. What color tie (if he is wearing one) is your FI wearing for the wedding? I am stumped with what I want to see!
  19. We had scanned the notarized copies however the notary symbol did not show up in the scan. I sent the scan to her anyways ans sent the originals registered mail (the riu website says to send original copies).
  20. I know this thread has to do with ROR and you are all RMB but it might help with some ideas! I'm a noon bride myself! (look for the link to the other thread as well) http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t34446
  21. I have Dallas Marie in Light GOLD. I love it. The top is so fitting and it has the right amount of poof on the bottom for me! I didn't even want "poof" But I love it!!! Dallas Marie - by Maggie Sottero I ordered it online. It was relatively inexpensive in the store but still more than I wanted to spend (Especially because my runner up was half the price). I used Home Page Maggie Sottero Bridal Gowns Online with Free Veil The website leaves alot to be desired and I couldn't find any reviews of the place, however she did give me emails for references for people who have bought there before, and my friend who used to work in a bridal store said their location (Salt Lake City) was near to where a US distributor is or something like that? I took a chance and I ended up saving $300. The dress came in exactly the one I wanted, the right size, the right color and 2 weeks early! I had no problems at all!
  22. Thanks so much! What would I do without without this place! I am so glad to hear I don't need to take my own! Towels are just too heavy and take up too much space!
  23. As I am thinking about my OOT bags for my guests, I was looking here for ideas of what everyone else included. Seems like Beach towels seem to be popular. BUT now I need clarification on ROR and beach towels. Do they provide them to guests or do you have to have your own beach towels? (Both times I went to Cuba and Mexico, beach towels were provided if you paid a deposit for the week) I was not planning on getting towels as part of my OOT bag however, I would like to know if I should let my guests know to bring their own! Thanks!
  24. I booked May 2008 for april 2009. We had alot of people book right away because of the threat of the fuel surcharge coming into effect. AND we put 6 extra deposits sown just for the stragglers. By the summer the week of April 18-25th was sold out completely! I think there is another wedding party departing from Halifax at the same time so seats went fast. We are departing from Halifax too!
  25. I think most of us (canadians anyways) go all inclusive. I went all inclusive. I hadn't even considered anything else.
×
×
  • Create New...