Sign in to follow this  
monicabrandon2008

I want this dress......

I haven't read too many posts from girls that have complained of being too hot in their dresses. I think the day is such a whirlwind, I doubt you will be thinking about the heat. :)

My tip- Try on like 5 dresses before this one. I got so hot trying on all the dresses, so when I finally got a lighter one on I was like ahhhhh...so much better. I could be crazy and prematurely menopausal, but that's what I experienced :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I haven't read too many posts from girls that have complained of being too hot in their dresses. I think the day is such a whirlwind, I doubt you will be thinking about the heat. :)

My tip- Try on like 5 dresses before this one. I got so hot trying on all the dresses, so when I finally got a lighter one on I was like ahhhhh...so much better. I could be crazy and prematurely menopausal, but that's what I experienced :)
LOL! I have now decided I need to go out and try on dresses instead of surfing the internet trying to find the one. It's just impossible without trying it on!

Exactly! I did the same thing and had a million dresses bookmarked. That all went out the window because I had a hard time finding the dresses in shops. So I just tried on whatever struck my fancy. It was exasperating, but after a few dresses you kind of learn what looks good and what doesn't. For example, I think pick ups are pretty but after 2 different dresses with them I realized I was too short and I looked like a big heap of whipped cream. Not flattering.

I don't think u will b too hot, my dress was huge and i had extra crinloine and I was totally fine there is such a nice breeze in cabo, I think that dress is perfect ad besides you will be too excited to even notice that you're 2 hot

I took a risk and ordered my dress w/o ever trying it on (probably the only one doing so here), but it's becaust the dress has a corset back and I wasn't too worried about it not fitting. Here it is my two cents - try on many dresses and if you keep comparing them to this one then you're in love w/ it and should think about going for it. If you can not find this exact dress in local stores, look for something close to it. Something w/ the same style to see if the style fits you. Something w/ similar details like neckline, etc. to see if those details suit you. That way you'll have an idea what the dress might look like on you.

As far as heat concern with 4 layers of material. Is it possible to remove couple layers? I tried a dress on w/ several layers of material on before and I told the lady helping me that it would be too hot because i'm having a DW and she suggested removing a few layers. Maybe you can do the same.

The dress is gorgerous. Good luck and let us know your decision. cheer2.gif

I agree with Sharonie - I found that certain necklines and tops look better on me than others even though I might like the others better and I only learned that by trying various dresses on, so it definitely would help you decide on this one even if you don't get to try it on. You might also ask if any stores near you carry Casablanca and then ask if they could get it in, as sometimes stores will bring in dresses from other stores if they know there is interest...