Should I send invites to...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:54 AM

...two friends that will not be able to go to our wedding because they are now expecting right around that time? I had sent them STDs back in July.

I think etiquitte says to send even if they they have said they will not be able to attend.
    In this case, they won't be able to changes plans to go...
    What do you think?

#2 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:40 AM

Yep, send them. It would be awkward for them to not send an invite after the STD, despite the news that they won't be able to travel due to pregnancy.

I always look at the invite like this: The invite is your way of telling these people "we love you and your role in our lives is important enough that we want to share the most memorable day of our lives with you." Invitations are sent based on how we feel about people, and expected response shouldn't influence us in making our decisions on who to send them to. :)

#3 SusanK

SusanK
      • VIP Member
      • 2,685 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:49 AM

Yep, you should send them anyway :)
        Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

Definitely send them.

#5 coreyphil

coreyphil
          • 497 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:43 AM

I completely agree ... send them! My ONLY caveat is if, by some fluke, this one invitation is going to push you over your order ... i.e, you have to order 50 or 100 ... and theirs makes 51 ... otherwise - I think they will appreciate knowing you want them there!

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

We did it a little differently. We sent 2 stds a few months apart and said whoever rsvp'd with a yes would receive a formal invitation later in the year.

In our case we had people who couldn't go and they felt really bad about it already. We didn't want to make them feel worse by sending a 3rd thing (invite) reminding them that they can't be there, or to make it seem like their "no" wasn't acceptable and maybe they could change their minds.

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:56 AM

I would still send an invite, just to show that you are thinking of them. Obviously they can't come, but you want them to know they are important- at least that's how I looked at it when I did mine.

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

I'm planning on sending invitations to everyone that I sent STDs to, even if I know they can't come. So, I would send one to them anyway.

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

I definitely agree, you should send them, you don't want them feeling "left out"

#10 beachbride08

beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:49 AM

I would still send them because you don't want to hurt their feelings. THis way they know you will still be thinking of them on your special day even thought they can't be there in person.
                      Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users