rachelia160

Does Having A Legal Ceremony Take Away From The Dw?

I was very against getting legally married before we went to Jamaica and, in retrospect, I was wrong. I can admit it! Of course I LOVED our wedding day, but there was something very strange for us having 65 people staring at us while we took our vows. We had a first look before the ceremony so we were together and had about 15 minutes in our room together before the ceremony. We both joked that we wanted the minister to just come up to our room and marry us instead of going down! We don't love the attention.

But mostly it just felt like such a personal experience for us that I almost would have preferred that we did it more privately at home and kept it a secret. I think we would have been more relaxed as it would have taken the pressure off - and been kind of fun that we had a little secret between the two of us. I did not at all expect to feel that way!

• Like 3

Okay, now that I'm back from my destination wedding, I can say with certainty that having a legal ceremony beforehand did NOT take away anything at all from our wedding day whatsoever!

They were two totally and completely separate experiences for us, and felt just the same as if that had been our actual legal ceremony.  It was beautiful, perfect, personal, and emotional. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when we each read our personal vows.

Photos%20In%20Cancun_739.jpg

Photos%20In%20Cancun_736.jpg

Having done the small church ceremony at home definitely took away a lot of the big scary pressure, and just left us with giddy nervous excitement that allowed us to enjoy the ceremony SO much.

Photos%20In%20Cancun_1184.jpg

So I can't speak for everyone, but from my experience, having a legal ceremony at home before your DW does not take away from your wedding day even in the slightest!

• Like 5

Any idea if your marriage license will be valid if church in Mexico signs it or will I need to get married in court then the church in Mexico?

I struggle with this and know that it's just in my head but logistically it's easier to just get married before we leave. I have just always pictured "ONE" wedding day and having two seems to out a damper on it. We won't make a big deal about it or two anyone ahead of time, just a private moment between us two

@@Cablelove11 We're doing pretty much what you explained. We hired an officiant to come to our home and surprise marry us in front of my parents and my brother and my fiances mum and nonna who are flying in for Easter. Short and sweet. The only people that know about this are a couple of my bridesmaids :) Should be perfect and I don't think it will take away from our Mexico wedding at all - no personal vows, no ring exchange, just a formality.

it is always what you make it - and it takes alot of the hassle from the DW in places like mexico where you need a chest scan and blood work

I guess I don't understand how having a legal ceremony at a DW and a legal ceremony is any different. We will be getting legally married during our ceremony. 

Thanks for this old post everyone!  We originally planned to get married legally at the courthouse (Delaware, USA) but after taking to our photographer and some others, we are going to wait and do the legal stuff after our wedding in Mexico.  The wedding Mexico will be our "real wedding" as we will say our vows in front of everyone, say "I do", etc. and we will consider that our wedding date.  The paperwork stuff isn't as important as when we really say our vows and commit to each other.  

But our photographer said that once you say "I do" there is a small spark gone and you might feel a little different or like you are married.  So are waiting on the legal stuff so our first time saying I DO will be at our DW.

I guess I don't understand how having a legal ceremony at a DW and a legal ceremony is any different. We will be getting legally married during our ceremony. 

In Mexico, it is a lot more expensive to have a legal ceremony.  Also, you have to have blood tests, use their officiant, etc.  A lot of people prefer to get legally married in their home countries to save money or for logistical reasons. 

In Mexico, it is a lot more expensive to have a legal ceremony.  Also, you have to have blood tests, use their officiant, etc.  A lot of people prefer to get legally married in their home countries to save money or for logistical reasons. 

@@kateleigh I think you misunderstand, I'm aware of why people do it, I just don't agree with it. I looked into mexico before I got married, and yes, there was a lot of red tape, so that was one of the many reasons we didn't get married there. To each his own. 

Edited by Mangosong

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Best Wedding Planners in India
    • Unfortunately, pregnancy yoga training is a time of extreme. It's all part of the deal; even the stress is often a normal effect of the hormones that are raging through your system. But you have to keep stress at a controlled level because you have to think of your health and that of your baby. Here are some tips on how to keep stress at bay during pregnancy: 1. Evaluate your activities. Pregnancy is a time of many changes; your body is changing and your life is also about to change. You are transitioning to becoming a new mother. While you're at it, it's high time to change your activities as well. Evaluate your activities by checking your schedule. Perhaps you lived quite a busy life before. That can be pretty stressful and may even put your pregnancy at risk, so it would be best to slow things down a bit now that you're pregnant. Pregnancy has its way of affecting your mood and making you feel tired all the time, so there will be times when you just won't be productive. So instead of piling up on tasks, choose activities that you can drop or delegate to someone else. 2. Break the bad habits. Whether you really were trying to get pregnant or pregnancy crept up on you, somewhere along the way you will face the need to break your bad habits. What are these notorious bad habits you definitely have to say goodbye to during your pregnancy? · Smoking · Alcohol consumption · Too much coffee or any other beverage that contains caffeine One good way of breaking bad habits, even ones that you've had for years, is subliminal programming. Subliminal programming means re-training the mind; it works in two steps: · Removing negative embedded factors in the subconscious Since this method communicates directly with the subconscious, which is responsible for directing our actions and behaviors, it is more effective than consciously deciding to stop smoking or drinking. 3. Take up meditation. If you haven't tried it before, now is the best time to take up meditation. There are many tips and instructions online as well as many books on the subject. You can learn it on your own or join a meditation class. Meditation is the art of emptying the mind to relax both the mind and the body. It is also very effective in regulating emotions, which can be hard to control when you're pregnant. If you have plenty of time to spare, join a yoga class. 4. Block the horror stories. Every woman who's been pregnant loves telling her pregnancy stories to non-pregnant or newly pregnant women. It's their way of saying "welcome to the club." While good advice is particularly helpful, most women tend to share horror stories, or stories of how stressful and emotional pregnancy was for them. You may also use subliminal messages to train your mind to block these negative stories, so you can focus on the positive things about your pregnancy. There are many positive things, too, the biggest of which is the new life inside you, so you won't run out of good thoughts to nurture in your mind.   Safe and Easy Workouts to Do During Your Pregnancy The main rule of thumb when exercising while pregnant is to modify your workouts to suit the trimester you are in and to honor what is happening to your body. What is deemed appropriate for your first trimester is certainly not for your third trimester. However, there are several exercises that you can perform right through to the end. Let's examine the first trimester. You are just beginning your nine-month journey. You may be feeling a bit more tired, perhaps queazy, but you may not even be showing a baby bump yet. At this time, if you have already had a workout program in place, you can continue with what you've been doing.  Some doctors may not advise any lying down exercises at any time during your pregnancy, but speak with your physician to determine if this modification is necessary. Appropriate exercise for the first trimester: • your normal routine (within limits) • walking • swimming • low impact aerobics (keeping heart rate low) • strength training • yoga As you move into your second trimester, you may be feeling a surge of energy but your body is showing the pregnancy more and certain workouts may not feel as good. Around this time, lying down is not totally recommended and keeping heart rate low and core body temperature low is important. The importance of abdominal and pelvic floor strength should be highlighted throughout your pregnancy, so if you haven't already started, Kegal exercises should be implemented in all workouts you do. What is a Kegal? The pelvic floor muscles are like a hammock of muscles located at the base of your torso and under your pelvis. To do a Kegal, simply engage the muscles that you would use to urinate. Keeping these muscles strong may make for an easier birth and less pregnancy related incontinence. Appropriate exercise for the second trimester: • Kegal exercises • pelvic tilts (with head elevated with pillows) • walking • swimming • easy yoga • strength training (lighter weights) As you move into your third trimester, you are now getting to the top of your pregnancy weight which may change the way you stand, how long you can sit, and your sense of balance. Aches and pains from your changing body are probably felt more now. Workouts now become about making you comfortable and making sure you simply maintain what you have. A safe abdominal exercise, which also makes your back feel great, is an all-fours cat stretch and contraction. To do: on a rug or sticky mat, go down onto hands and knees. Keeping back straight, simply pull your abdominals in towards your spine without altering the straight position of your back.. Repeat 10 times. From there, round your back up, like an angry cat, feeling a stretch over your shoulders and spine, then release. Repeat 5 times. Prenatal yoga is great for elevating your mood, may help you sleep better, and decreases pregnancy aches and pains. Just make sure you speak with your doctor first and remember to never start a new program while pregnant. Keeping up with what you're doing is super and will make for an easier birth and a faster recovery. Susanna Marchesa, FitOrbit Trainer  Created by legendary fitness legend Jake Steinfeld of Body by Jake, having an online personal trainer is the all-in-one complete solution that eliminates the guesswork and guarantees results! At FitOrbit, you'll get one-click access to the world's best fitness and weight loss online personal trainers anytime, everywhere!  
    • I came across this giveaway on instagram for a wedding video and photo sessions, Just wanted to share in case any new brides are looking for a video. Giveaway end on Sunday July 12 2020 https://www.instagram.com/p/CCY-JgHpNB-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 
  • Topics