New Wedding Wardrobe!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Are any of you ladies buying a bunch of new clothes for your destination wedding (obviously besides the dress)?

I want to wear a lot of cute new clothes, but don't really know the best stores/sites to get cheaper clothes

I am buying things one by one months in advance, trying to stockpile a whole new wardrobe

Anyone else doing this? What stores are you hitting up? What are some necessary pieces to bring along?

I am scared I am going to buy so much stuff that I will overpack and overspend :)

#2 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

I am not, no. I have picked up a few extra pieces that I know I need more of. More swimsuit cover ups, would like another swim suit and maybe another sun dress but not really much more. Just don't feel I can justify it because I've turned into this frugal penny pinching bride lmao!!! But I am checking our clearance racks at my fave stores - rickis, bootlegger, old navy, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 10 August 2014 - 05:10 PM.

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 candle23

• 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

I am definitely looking for some cute summer clothes! I just got 5 new bikinis at Victoria's Secret last week, they were 40% off!! I am just gonna get a bunch of end of summe deals though so then I can justify it!! I am usually really cheap and never buy myself new clothes so this is one time I don't feel so guilty!!

#4 acw271011

• Moderators
  • 3,123 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

Oh this is funny to read!! My husband always gets onto me about how much I pack when we go away. I will be honest.... I bought a little bit of new stuff right before we got married and took it with me to Jamaica. And I came home with a bunch of it unworn! There will be group events obviously that you will need to dress (either shorts or whatever) but for the most part, and except for a la carte dinners, you will be in a swim suit and cover up!! And believe me - the weight in your suitcase adds up VERY quickly!!!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#5 LauraM

• 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

I always buy new clothes for vacation and way over pack, it's an addiction! try Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and kohls. And if you have enough time, watch for the VS semi-annual and end of season sales

#6 LissaSou

• 174 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I have bought so many new clothes for our trip, every time I come home with a shopping bag now my FI says "You better be able to wear that somewhere other than Mexico!" lol

#7 Tatimrivera

• 156 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
  • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

I'm going to buy a few pieces once the summer is over. I plan to be in a bathing suit 70% of the time lol
Good Luck :)

#8 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:48 AM

yeah i';m not sure if this is everywhere, but an Old Navy I just went to had major sales on bathing suits- I bought like 5 of them bc each part was around 6-7$- not going to get much cheaper than that!

#9 NickiLynn1116

• 186 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

I can't help myself with buying all new stuff when I go away.  I love the excitment of wearing something new on vacation and this will be our HONEYMOON!  I have been getting sandals from DSW for real cheap and also check out 6pm.com  they have lots of shoes, clothes and bathing suits for cheap.  Macy's currently has 60% off coverups and bathing suits.  

#10 BrideToBeJolie

• 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Since the summer clothes are on sale now as the stores are bringing out their fall/winter gear, I'll be picking up some new summer items since they are on clearance.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users