Dreams Riviera Cancun 2015 Brides

• Please log in to reply
686 replies to this topic

#181 Dec2015

Dec2015
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

I seriously must be doing something wrong with my budget. Lol

My fiancé said don't go over $15000 and I'm right at it. With no upgrade to photography or videography. No Seaside Grill, no DJ, no rehearsal dinner, no TTD session and staying at same hotel for honeymoon. Need to check my figures... besides doing the lighted dance floor and paying for 15 additional guest, 3 extra bouquet, pretty much at budget. Seriously... Smh

#182 Lbrennan0

Lbrennan0
    • 38 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 19, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
    • LocationNew York

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

@smileitseb omg thats too funny! They are running a deal for 20% of if you book before Jan 31st. (And you don't pay until 4 days before you get there!) Do you know what kind of room you are getting? We got the Two Story Roof Top Suite in the Excellence Club! We are going to be in Mexico for almost 14 days between the honeymoon and the wedding! 

http://www.excellenc.../special-offers

68 Guests! 

My Planning Thread

#183 desmiv

desmiv
    • 27 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
    • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

@Dec2015, tell me about it!! I haven't booked ours yet, but really want to get married in Dreams Riviera so I started putting them numbers together. My budget is $10,000 and I'm already at $8,700 (with no extras) and every promotion I see we don't qualify for. I'm getting very discouraged. :(

I'm also not happy that they nickle & dime for everything.

Which package did you choose?

Edited by desmiv, 30 January 2015 - 09:05 AM.

event.png

#184 smileitseb

smileitseb
    • 310 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
    • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

@Lbrennan0 oh yes, I see that special, I just reminded my fiance' because he's in charge of booking the honeymoon! and I'm really pushing for that 2 story it looks SO AMAZING!!! but honestly whichever room he chooses at that resort i'll be a happy girl :)

@desmiv @Dec2015 I know it's tough girls because every little thing adds up AND for us at least, people will come that u least expect, thus adding to the additional guests beyond 20 costs..... just try to think about what you really really want and what you can do without! for instance, I really want videography so I'm foregoing the dance floor. which I think will be okay because I've looked at several pictures of pool deck receptions...... hang in there!!!

58 guests plus bride and groom
    Ceremony: Gazebo
    Reception: Pool Deck

#185 Dec2015

Dec2015
    • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

@Lbrennan0 oh yes, I see that special, I just reminded my fiance' because he's in charge of booking the honeymoon! and I'm really pushing for that 2 story it looks SO AMAZING!!! but honestly whichever room he chooses at that resort i'll be a happy girl :)

@desmiv @Dec2015 I know it's tough girls because every little thing adds up AND for us at least, people will come that u least expect, thus adding to the additional guests beyond 20 costs..... just try to think about what you really really want and what you can do without! for instance, I really want videography so I'm foregoing the dance floor. which I think will be okay because I've looked at several pictures of pool deck receptions...... hang in there!!!

Thanks.... I'll be combing the budget again this weekend. Yikes!

I thought of excellence for the wedding but after hearing about the special. I may look into them for honeymoon.
      I finally added a face to my profile. lol
      Anyway, when I first started reading the thread for Dreams... past brides posted and talked about the slide show but the resort photographer doesn't offer that anymore. Thats truly a bummer for me.

#186 pddcmc

pddcmc
      • 610 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
      • LocationColorado

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

Does anyone have the planner form and details (from the WC, not the website) specifically for the Dreams of Love package? We had confirmed the Ultimate package, but I am having some seconds thoughts and would really like to compare the two. (I know there is a breakdown on the DRC website, but I've noticed that there are more details on the packages from the WC themselves). I emailed my WC a few days ago, but am getting a little antsy waiting..esp since some decisions need to be made soon. Thanks for any help and insight!

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#187 pddcmc

pddcmc
      • 610 posts
      • LocationColorado

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

It looks like DRC has updated some things on their website. Thought this would be helpful for some newbies, if they hadn't come across this yet :)

http://www.iceportal...CE7110&did=2589

Planning Journal & Blog

#188 smileitseb

smileitseb
      • 310 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

@pddcmc just emailed you the wedding planning form for the DOL package, hopefully that's what you mean!

@pddcmc and just curious who is your coordinator? Mine is Elisa and I'm hoping she is timely in her responses.

#189 pddcmc

pddcmc
      • 610 posts
      • LocationColorado

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

@smileitseb - Thanks! Yeah, it looks pretty much the same as the Ultimate planner document. Looking back, it looks like all of the details are in the confirmation letter, so I think I need to be patient. She has been timely with other emails, it's only been two days...plus, it's the weekend. I am just trying to stay on top of things. But, with us moving from StL to Denver 6 months before the wedding has put me behind planning, ya know? Our WC is Maira :)

Planning Journal & Blog

#190 smileitseb

smileitseb
      • 310 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Have you guys been sending pictures from pinterest of what you want for your decorations? I'm finding myself sending a lot of pictures to describe exactly my vision because I usually like 1 thing from picture 1 and another thing from picture 2 etc. Didn't know you if anyone had found a more efficient way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users