22 replies to this topic

#11 kellymiller

kellymiller
  • 238 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

I agree with everyone above, Patty Jordan is amazing! She is very helpful and responsive to any questions you might have! I'm sure anyone from Wright Travel would be amazing to work with!

#12 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Teresa Stauring with Vacations4Less has been amazing!

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#13 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Just an FYI for some ladies - canadian packages are done differently than in the US. I asked Wright about this and while they can look at canadian travel packages, it's out of their norm and not somethng they do on a regular basis. I right away asked Wendy if she could help us out from a US departure point and I couldn't believe the cost difference. There wasn't even any point in looking at it further.

For canadian brides, it would seem that you do need to work with a canadian agent. Obviously one that does DW would be the best all around as they can work with the charter companies (Sunwing, Transat, Westjet, etc.) and see what they can get you for your package rate. A good one with experience will have that negotiating power.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#14 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

Just so people know, Teresa is fantastic and is one of the BDW agents.  She has her own business name but has been a BDW agent from the beginning :)

Teresa Stauring with Vacations4Less has been amazing!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

I wish I had known some good travel agents in Canada before stapling down my wedding. It is so hard to sift through the forum because there is just so much information. The vendor section only gives us 3 travel agents' reviews so other good vendors go unnnoticed.

#16 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

thanks kmk2016. I'm new to this site so not sure how i contact laurielee.ca on here. Can you help?

Go to her website LaurieLee.ca and she has her 1-800 number there in case you're not calling from Calgary. I have the same TA and I really recommend her. She helped us out to pick another hotel when we had to switch before booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#17 AYC

AYC
  • 52 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica
  • LocationIberostar Rose Hall Suites

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

I'm from Edmonton and using a travel agent from Travel Only its an independent company and she has been great!  They might have an agent in your area

oh and congratulations on the engagement

#18 maredith

maredith
  • 94 posts
    • LocationToronto, ON, Canada

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Great info everyone! In the market for a wonderful TA. Crossing my fingers!

#19 Khryniw14

Khryniw14
    • 15 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Mexico
    • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Congratulations! I am a newly engaged as well and plan to get married spring 2016! Happy planning!

#20 Sara1603

Sara1603
    • 216 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

We booked with Sunwing and used their services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Travel Agents, toronto, getting started, Travel Agents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users