22 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsAllison

FutureMrsAllison
  • 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Playa Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm just recently engaged and looking to kick off my wedding planning for Spring 2015 somewhere warm and sunny. I've decided that i need some help from an experienced Travel Agent that can help me choose a resort, negotiate group rates and work directly with my wedding guests to make sure their booking experience is a good one.

Hoping that you guys can help point me in the right direction. I've met with a few destination travel agencies, but looking for more reco's before we make a decision.

If you know a travel agent extraordinaire that specializes in destination weddings in the GTA please let me know!

#2 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

mine specializes in Canadian Brides from Coast to Coast having DWs. Her name is Laurielee and she is amazing. She is at laurielee.ca

#3 FutureMrsAllison

FutureMrsAllison
  • 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Playa Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

thanks kmk2016. I'm new to this site so not sure how i contact laurielee.ca on here. Can you help?

#4 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

Kelly Neonakis-Morash. She is based in Halifax, NS but she has worked with brides all over Canada and she is amazing!! I cannot recommend her enough! I am using her for my own wedding and she has been nothing short of amazing!

#5 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

GTA is the Greater Toronto Area

I've heard a lot about Apple Vacations, some good and some bad, but they don't operate in Canada that I'm aware of. If anyone has heard of them working for groups in Canada I would love to hear.

I've used two for different things. For our wedding we used Marlin Travel downtown Bay St location - Allison. She was great!

For our vow renewal I just happened to get hooked up with Jessie at tripcentral.ca  I have contact details if interested.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#6 MrandMrsBonitto2016

MrandMrsBonitto2016
  • 321 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic~Kukua/ Staying at Dreams Palm Beach
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

Hello Everyone,

I'm just recently engaged and looking to kick off my wedding planning for Spring 2015 somewhere warm and sunny. I've decided that i need some help from an experienced Travel Agent that can help me choose a resort, negotiate group rates and work directly with my wedding guests to make sure their booking experience is a good one.

Hoping that you guys can help point me in the right direction. I've met with a few destination travel agencies, but looking for more reco's before we make a decision.

If you know a travel agent extraordinaire that specializes in destination weddings in the GTA please let me know!

Try the Wright Agency:) They have rave reviews on this site. And I can tell you from my conversation with them, they want to make the travel arrangements a stress free experience for you. Hope that helps!

Future Mrs. Bonitto 12/14/16

30ag12yqu333h.png

#7 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
  • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

Thanks everyone ill have to look into a few of these!

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Welcome to the forum, FutureMrsAllison, and Congrats on your upcoming dw next spring!!!

You'll find tons of helpful info and answers to your planning questions with all the resources here - happy research :)

10373847_10152403226989487_9018033753853

cheers! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 JoWil JoWil

JoWil JoWil
    • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

@FutureMrsAllison Patty Jordan from Wright Travel Agency.  Specializes in Destination Weddings.

#10 FutureMrsGrabs

FutureMrsGrabs
      • 28 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Domincan Republic
      • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

I agree, Patty Jordan from Wright Travel is ahhhmazing! I emailed multiple agents and she is the one that I felt the  most comfortable with immediately. She responded quickly and was so sweet, I couldn't be happier with her. She specializes in the DR but I'm sure can do other places. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Travel Agents, toronto, getting started, Travel Agents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users