@@TinkerSofi we do actually have a travel agent - one that we worked with for our wedding and she was great!! After saying that though I dumped her last week and found a new one today that is great!!

He gave me the email to contact AF directly. He had a ton of good things to say about the resort as well, but he did say that he was aware of just double beds. He did say that he was aware of new building so to check with them directly as to what's available. Even with a low cost to upgrade, I have a hard time asking people to pay a huge sum when it isn't our wedding. Doug and I, ok but not anyone else. We're watching prices and they actually have gone down but one category actually went up. We'll just have to see.

I'd like to stay with this resort after all the research work I've done and also really like everything about it. But this thing with double beds will very likely be a deal breaker.

Our resort only had double beds too unless you had the king. We made due as we needed the 2 beds due to our kids but some of our guests changed rooms the next day as they (a man/wife) didn't fit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our resort only had double beds too unless you had the king. We made due as we needed the 2 beds due to our kids but some of our guests changed rooms the next day as they (a man/wife) didn't fit!!

That's one of the things I'm worried about!! One of us would for sure end up on the floor or we'd have to sleep separately (not). We have a king at home. We can compromise with a queen and have but a double? lol not a chance. We even made sure when we bought our camping trailer that it had a king bed!! lol

That's one of the things I'm worried about!! One of us would for sure end up on the floor or we'd have to sleep separately (not). We have a king at home. We can compromise with a queen and have but a double? lol not a chance. We even made sure when we bought our camping trailer that it had a king bed!! lol

Lol!!!! Maybe because we only have a queen the double didn't seem that bad. I don't recall fighting for space. Long term? Never but it truly wasn't that bad.

We went on a mini pre honeymoon last weekend and had a king bed. Shawn complained he couldn't find me lol.

• Like 1

@@Teg07 I was working with Lynda too and loved her! I found out that she is on maternity leave but returning in July. I'm now working with Ivis. They didn't really explain the transition but I was nosy so I went to the online chat feature on their website right away and asked. haha

• Like 2

LOL !!! Im just as nuts to get married in august tooo!! LOL @@TinkerSofi.  I actually am considering the Oriolla Grill myself. But I really love the Garden  with the string lights at night. @@catrionaanne have you thought about that ??? I honestly don't know many of the locations to pick from. I haven't gotten the official paper work yet from my TA or WC . Just been planning off of other wedding photos haha.  It stinks that they aren't allowing you to have what you first asked for. but their are other great areas!

@@TinkerSofi Thank you for clarifying about the GI TA.I was so out of the loop. I believe my TA is one of the Karisma TAs. Hes done many weddings with them and seems to know who to contact for certain things. So far so good. fingers crossed.  I hope we can get some offers like the makeup and hair etc. That would be great!! That alone is expensive . anything that can save some money is worth it .  My TA stated he can get us upgraded to a roof top suite .I'm thinking we can have a welcome cocktail party up  ( gathering)at the suite versus having to pay for one to be organized. save more money lol

@@acw271011 There are some deluxe rooms in the new section with king size beds. You can request it through your TA but there is no guarantee. I've also heard that you can ask the hotel to push the two double beds together to make a ridiculously big bed…lol!

@@ashhtayy thanks for the info from your TA that's really helpful!! My fiancé and I decided to go to the BDR in Sept and we're going to make a final decision on our ceremony location. We're now considering the Oriolla Grill - I found some gorgeous pics online although I've been warned that they don't close until 5pm so it would likely have to be a late ceremony. I also think my group would fit on the Sky terrace even though online I think it says only up to 30 people but based on some pics I found I think we could squeeze in. The question is whether Karisma would allow it.

attachicon.gifOriola ceremony1.jpg

attachicon.gifOriola Cermony 3.jpg

attachicon.gifsky terrace ceremony1.jpg

So I'm not losing my mind! ! I knew I had heard somewhere and I figured it was here since you ladies are the only ones that really know anything!! But I couldn't remember which bride it was. We're also looking at doing 8 says instead of 7, which I would live yo do if the bed situation works out. I emailed the resort with the contact the TA gave me but nothing back yet.

So I'm not losing my mind! ! I knew I had heard somewhere and I figured it was here since you ladies are the only ones that really know anything!! But I couldn't remember which bride it was. We're also looking at doing 8 says instead of 7, which I would live yo do if the bed situation works out. I emailed the resort with the contact the TA gave me but nothing back yet.

It depends what time of the year you go. August is low season so transat makes one trip a week only, which means you need to stay either 7 or 14 days . Or you can void your trip back and then stay another few days and take a flight with another airline. However with that. you're not only missing on what you paid in your package for your flight back, but also you need to pay the room and flight separately for those extra days.

I love the look of the garden reception myself but the Oriola grill looks really pretty as well especially if you're concerned about the weather. It is still open air and you have a great view of the beach and it is fully private. Some past brides have mentioned though that there is a large table in the middle of the space that they charge you to move. The only time I've heard of Karisma not charging you to move the table is if you use the Oriola grill because you were forced to relocate due to bad weather. Just something to consider. 

• Like 1

I love the look of the garden reception myself but the Oriola grill looks really pretty as well especially if you're concerned about the weather. It is still open air and you have a great view of the beach and it is fully private. Some past brides have mentioned though that there is a large table in the middle of the space that they charge you to move. The only time I've heard of Karisma not charging you to move the table is if you use the Oriola grill because you were forced to relocate due to bad weather. Just something to consider. 

considering that if you are paying for the sky deck and you get relocated you don't get your money back they better not charge for moving a table! 

Ok, I lied, they said they would return up to 30% of the surcharge, which is still kind of BS since it's not like they have to relocate half way through, they make the call before starting to set everything up.