• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:27 AM

I just called corporate headquarters for Petsmart... We will see what happens

#22 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:31 AM

Wow Shelley, that's so scary! You poor thing, like you need more stress to deal with...

I just did a quick search for that shampoo, and I can't find any ingredients listed either. I'm sure you already know this since you have such a sensitive cat, but for the others: ALWAYS check labels on anything you put on your cat to be sure there is no permethrin in it. NEVER put permethrin on a cat. Pyrethrin is ok, permethrin is toxic. I worked for a vet for 10 years and every time I saw the type of neurotoxicity you're describing, it was because the owners either bathed the cat in or applied a spot-on containing permethrin.

I'd call the company and demand to see an ingredients list. If there's permethrin in it, that's your culprit.

#23 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

Wow Shelley, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your weekend is a lot better than your week has been.

I am glad to hear that your cat is doing better.

#24 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

Holy cow Shelley!! How horrible for you (again). I'm such a cat lover I would have been hysterical if I was in your shoes. Glad to her your baby is doing better now and I'm very interested to hear what Petsmart and Top Paw have to say..

#25 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

your poor kitty...you must have been so scared.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#26 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

We were really scared, still are really... they were very nice when I called the Corporate Headquarters. They wanted all of her medical notes and bills so far. I have to return to the bottle and have it sent there for testing. I am just waiting for her to call me back now..

#27 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

whoa they're paying the bills?! crazy! last year we took my cat to the vet and they gave him 2 shots at once (which they're not supposed to do) - he wound up getting so sick that he had to stay overnight at the emergency vet and what did my regular vet do? said "oh." yeah, not using her again.

anyway i'm so glad that your cat is ok. i hope the craziness slows down soon!

#28 BayBug

BayBug
              • 852 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

Poor Shelley! I am sure this must be some really rough times for you. Everything will get better! Hang in there.
                Angie

#29 Saraha

Saraha
                • 2,597 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

Im glad that the corporate headquarters is doing something about it and think you did the right thing by letting them know.... you dont want that happen to another poor little kitty down the road.

#30 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                  • 812 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

Seriously Shelley, I am at a loss for words. All that comes to mind is thank god your cat is ok... you don't need anymore stress!!! Oh, and I think you should preemtively attack the "third bad luck thing" - maybe purposely run out of gas or something :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users