• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:43 AM

My poor cat almost died last night... She is highly, highly allergic to fleas, one even gets near her and she loses all her hair and gets sick. So, Amos and I went to the pet store and got some cat shampoo- not even flea shampoo just shampoo to get her clean so she didn't feel itchy. After her bath, she went totally limp, wouldn't move at all, she couldn't even hold her head up. Amos had her wrappen in a towel in her arms. He even looked at me at one point and said "she just died"
    Well, off to the emergency vet we go. Of course the first thing he said when we walked in was what did you use, he needed to know the main ingredient. So I get in the car and fly back to my house to get the shampoo, which get this has no ingredients on it!!!!
    Well, she spent the night there and she is doing much better. Whatever was in that darn shampoo, got into her bloodstream and they said it was shutting down her central nervous system!
    So, after another late night last night, I am trying to get some work finally done...
    So, if bad things happen in threes I got one more ahead of me!

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:47 AM

Oh Shelley it always seems everything goes wrong all at once, I am glad your cat is going to be okay.

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:09 AM

Aww, Shelley, I'm sorry about your bad night. I hope your cat is doing better today!

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:13 AM

Wow, your poor cat.. I'm glad she is doing better now and OK.. How are you doing?

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TammyB
            Wow, your poor cat.. I'm glad she is doing better now and OK.. How are you doing?
            I am doing ok, ready to start planning again, lol....

#6 brecluse

brecluse
            • 196 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

Aww, I'm so sorry about your kitty, I'm glad she's doing better though. I'll think good thoughts for her and for you today.

TTD :: Tortola, BVI

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

Holy mother! So sorry you had a scare but I am relieved that your cat is better. I think you should buy her a treat for her troubles...lol

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:06 AM

Wow, Shel, you really are having one of those weeks. I am glad your cat is doing better - losing a pet is one of the hardest things to do! So is postponing a wedding! I am glad to hear you are ready to get back to planning as well. Let us know if you need help. Like the girls said in the other thread - Philly isn't that far...

#9 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
                  • 2,171 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

Awww sweetie... try not to think that bad things happen in threes... or something else will happen! I'm glad your kitty is gonna be okay. Think positive! :)

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

Shelly (maybe I missed this) but have you two decided when you'll get married or is it just put off for now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users