I F-ing Hateeeee My Boss; What A B*tch

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Heidi
    We'd be looking at the Houston, TX area of Ft Lauderdale, FL. We have family in both places, and we want to go somewhere with family! My family (aunts, uncles & cousins) are in TX; his sister is in FL. The housing market in TX is winning us over!
    I think it would be good for you to live somewhere where you are surrounded by family.

#42 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

OMG she's such an awful person.. and yes karma will be a bitch! I've been to Texas and love it.. same with FL so you can't really go wrong with either I don't think :)

#43 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

That's totally ridiculous! I assume they knew what was going on. If you have vacation/sick days, there is NO excuse for your days to be unpaid! I'm so sorry Heidi

#44 CrystalVegas

• 87 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

You deserve your paid days off! They're there for exactly this type of situtation. Karma will get her!! One day something bad will happen to her and she'll get what's coming to her! Biatch!

#45 babycow

• 367 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

Some people have no compassion for others. Wow! this lady boss works with children?! I think you have every right to be pissed, it sounds like she and your co-workers knew the situation when you left for surgery. Did they really expect you to not need some time off.
            In my opinion you should get paid for the days you worked from home and not have to use your paid time off.
            Oh, and maybe she should have contacted you to see how you were doing, even it if were a voicemail or email, it would have been thoughtful and set the tone for the rest of your workplace; instead it sounds like she may be the one spreading rummors of all the "fun" things you did while you were "off" It really is none of their business what you did and it should not affect your job, especially since you got your work done anyways.
            Sorry for the long rant...just really pissed for you; mom lost several...
            Take care.
            Erica and Tim
            Dreams Tulum
            May 17, 2008

#46 michelle08

• VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by IrieBride08
              It would seem to me that she's breaking some kind of human resource laws or something! I don't know much about these things, but if it's worth looking into! Is there someone else over her that you can discuss this with? Someone in your human resources department or something?

I think I'm going to do a little research and see what I find...
              I think the B*** should be held accountable for dispicable business practices!
              That's exactly what I was going to say!!!! You were sick!! A doctor could probably write you off and therefore they have to legally pay you for it!!! Again, I don't know for sure but it is worth looking into!

I am so sorry Heidi!!!! Just one more thing you have to deal with! ;(

#47 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

That's friggin bull.

I'm all up for the ass kicking idea.

I'm sorry you have to deal with her shit You're going through enough right now that a bitch of a boss is the last thing you need *hug*

#48 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:09 PM

I'm very happy to hear that I"m not overreacting; Reggie said I might be. I didn't do what I was supposed to, I know that. But come on, I haven't been in the right frame of mind lately!

Anyway, thanks for your support everyone.
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#49 Spazz

• VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

I was out all day, so I'm chiming in late... I TOTALLY agree with what everyone else said. She is a total bitch, you should look into what can be done legally and you should take your paid time off all next week. I can't believe you didn't quit on the spot! I'm sorry you're going through this...

#50 Can'tHardlyWait

• 812 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

The girls have already covered this, but I just wanted to reiterate the point that, well, your boss has no heart. You deserve so much better and I hope you can get out of that situation really soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users