Photo

Daily Health Challenge (Spark, WW, everyone!)

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#61 jak27

jak27
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:20 PM

So I know today is the "Take a Day Off" challenge, but I missed yesterday, so I had to make it up today! I love these challenges! And I've lost 4 pounds so far in the last week & a half! Woohoo!

Jen, being sore is great! That means you're working hard and being sucessful, although it sucks to be really sore that you don't/can't move! Keep it up and your body will adjust!

Keep it up ladies!

#62 jenvh

jenvh
    • 135 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jak27
      So I know today is the "Take a Day Off" challenge, but I missed yesterday, so I had to make it up today! I love these challenges! And I've lost 4 pounds so far in the last week & a half! Woohoo!

Jen, being sore is great! That means you're working hard and being sucessful, although it sucks to be really sore that you don't/can't move! Keep it up and your body will adjust!

Keep it up ladies!
      I completely blew yesterday as well. the funny part is I have been eating pretty healthy for the last couple weeks and yesterday I just couldn't ignore the m&ms calling my name.

I made up for it today by going to a really hard class at the gym. Jen, I think I am going to be in the insanely sore club with you. I haven't worked my arms that hard in a while. Whatever it takes to look awesome in those wedding pictures. ha.

So tomorrow is try a new vegetable? that's tough.

#63 trisha0612

trisha0612
      • 491 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

Take a day off!!! I can do that, hangover in tow!!

I ate healthy all day yesterday too...does beer count?
        Travis & Trish
        10-10-08
        Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#64 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

No exercise for me today, though I really did plan on doing some. I will do good in the gym tomorrow. New veggie, huh? I'm a pretty broad eater, so that will be tough. This has been a long work weekend, and its only half over! I have 2 overnights in my future after tonight. Argh... Bringing food to work though, and resisting the urge to order out.

#65 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:55 AM

Ok... so for whatever reason, I have not been motivated in the gym this weekend. Likely because I've been working for the last 4 days (and have 1 more night before I get a break!). That being said, I've GONE to the gym, and I'm just struggling to get through 20 minutes on the elliptical. I usually do 40. Any words of wisdom to bump up my energy level? I'm hoping its just work and that when I get a few days off I'll be back at baseline.

#66 NYJen

NYJen
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hopels
              Ok... so for whatever reason, I have not been motivated in the gym this weekend. Likely because I've been working for the last 4 days (and have 1 more night before I get a break!). That being said, I've GONE to the gym, and I'm just struggling to get through 20 minutes on the elliptical. I usually do 40. Any words of wisdom to bump up my energy level? I'm hoping its just work and that when I get a few days off I'll be back at baseline.
              Jenn - maybe you're bored with the elliptical? Have you thought about changing it up and trying a different machine? What are your thoughts on the treadmill? Do you use it often, love it, hate it? Maybe try taking classes instead. When you take a class, most likely you won't stop after only 20 minutes (since everyone would be staring at you) compared to being on a machine when you can stop whenever you want.

Also, since I didn't get a chance to log on to the forum all weekend, here is my update.

Friday - I ate well all day, but then we went to Benihana for dinner. I was pretty good there - no rice, no dessert. But they put SOOOO much soy sauce on everything. I even asked for a side of mixed vegetables and they drowned them in soy sauce - YIKES!!!

Saturday - I know we had a free day but because of that dinner Friday night, I did 45 minutes on the treadmill that morning. I didn't obsess over my food all day but I wasn't too bad either.

Sunday - I WAS BAD!!!! No new vegetable, no workout. Instead I had a cheeseburger and chocolate milk for lunch, then a slice of pizza and a twinkie for a snack and a gyro wrap for dinner followed by Entenmann's chocolate popems for dessert. I should have exploded before bed. BAD, BAD, BAD!!!!

I have been keeping up with the water everyday and today is 13 days without diet coke. I WILL be better today. I will try a new vegetable, do an hour on my treadmill and then do the lunges followed by some crutches.

COME ON!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!

#67 jenvh

jenvh
              • 135 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

I didn't try a new vegetable. I was sort of at a loss there honestly.

i went to the gym this morning before work. woohoo. did 45 minutes on the elliptical. now i just have to keep that up and make it a HABIT. I didn't do the lunges but i will do those tonight while i am watching Heroes.

#68 JessicaM

JessicaM
                • Vendor
                • 1,969 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

I totally fell off the wagon yesterday....darn halloween candy!! I have class tonight so I am going to have to do another hour of cardio tomorrow to make up for it!!

#69 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:41 PM

OK - Don't feel bad I also totally bombed this weekend! No new vegetable - no eat right all day Friday... I defintiely took a day off onSaturday - probs more than I should have!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#70 NYJen

NYJen
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:58 PM

Ok, let's all get back on track this week. Everyone do your lunges today!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users