Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#7061 KaraMae

KaraMae
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

I've been seeing a lot of people talk about "dress regret" and feeling funny about getting a  non beachy wedding dress. I obviously went for a more vintage look, not a beachy dress at all. I was so worried that it would be too fancy and not work for a beach wedding. I finally let go of that and just went with what my heart wanted. I bought this San Patrick Rivoli and loved it at the time. I bought the sample so I've had it since the day I found it. A month later I started getting dress regret and feeling nervous I paid a lot of money for something I wouldn't end up liking. I bought this belt for around $50 from Glory's House and hoped it would work since I was NOT going to spend $300 on a darn belt! I tried on the dress again with the belt last night and realized that I was being silly and LOVED my dress! I think I love it more now than the day I bought it! 

For you all that are having second thoughts, go try on your dress again! I'm sure you will love it just as much as I did the second time! 

#7062 Kassi22

Kassi22
    • 135 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by KaraMae 

I've been seeing a lot of people talk about "dress regret" and feeling funny about getting a  non beachy wedding dress. I obviously went for a more vintage look, not a beachy dress at all. I was so worried that it would be too fancy and not work for a beach wedding. I finally let go of that and just went with what my heart wanted. I bought this San Patrick Rivoli and loved it at the time. I bought the sample so I've had it since the day I found it. A month later I started getting dress regret and feeling nervous I paid a lot of money for something I wouldn't end up liking. I bought this belt for around $50 from Glory's House and hoped it would work since I was NOT going to spend $300 on a darn belt! I tried on the dress again with the belt last night and realized that I was being silly and LOVED my dress! I think I love it more now than the day I bought it! 

For you all that are having second thoughts, go try on your dress again! I'm sure you will love it just as much as I did the second time! 

You look stunning.

When I went dress shopping, I had the thought of a light flowy beachy dress as I thought that what I 'should' wear. After trying on dozen, they just did not suit me.. I looks terrible in them! So.. I tried on a dress that I loved from seeing it in books and on TV, and fell in love with it. It not Beachy at all as far as Im concerned... but I ordered it. For months I thought.. "what did I do!" but when the dress came in and I went for my fittings I was relieved to still love it as much as the first time I tried it on.. if not more!

Its your day, and you should get to wear what you want and what you feel beautiful in, whether is a poofy Ball-Gown, slinky sheath of lacey vintage!

DW are not the norm.. anything goes in my opinion!

#7063 elissae

elissae
      • 631 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
      • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Good for you, KaraMae - you look so stunning and more importantly you look HAPPY!  So nice of you to share this.  I love your dress!

Quote:

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#7064 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
      • 230 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade
      • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

That dress fits you perfectly!!! And I love the sash!! Glad to hear you're back in love with it because you look AMAZING :)  :)

#7065 KaraMae

KaraMae
      • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Thank you so much! Not being a tiny girl I was a little worried but it's very slimming! I totally agree with the anything goes motto. I've had so many unnecessary opinions on having to buy a beachy dress. Some are amazing but didn't fit my vintage look I was going for!

Thanks for the sweet comments! 

#7066 TealMarie

TealMarie
        • 254 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

You look gorgeous and so happy! It's a good reminder to all of us (especially those of us waiting for 6 months to see our dresses again) that we made the right choice because we made it for ourselves. I tried the 'destination wedding' lines and they are really beautiful but none felt right for me. Finally I tried on the one I had saved a picture of months ago which is lacey and vintage looking like yours, so it's not beachy at all but I LOVE it and I love wearing it. So glad you realized you picked the right dress!

#7067 Scarma

Scarma
          • 175 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Thank you so much! Not being a tiny girl I was a little worried but it's very slimming! I totally agree with the anything goes motto. I've had so many unnecessary opinions on having to buy a beachy dress. Some are amazing but didn't fit my vintage look I was going for!

Thanks for the sweet comments! 

You have the best figure for that dress!! 

I am going princess the only thing we were worried about is my BM would look funny with sundresses so we went with a little more fancy dresses. 

#7068 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Kara - this dress is stunning on you!!! and I think it's going to look amazing on the beach and at the resort. You have nothing at all to worry about.  

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#7069 Kristina610

Kristina610
            • 68 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I need opinions on dress colors.  I tried on dresses yesterday and all of them were a shade of ivory, until the second store, then I tried white.  I'm not sure which color will look better on the beach or if it even matters?  My concern is standing next to my fiancĀ© in khaki and a white shirt and my dress being ivory.  Maybe I am over thinking this??

#7070 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
              • 955 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristina610 

I need opinions on dress colors.  I tried on dresses yesterday and all of them were a shade of ivory, until the second store, then I tried white.  I'm not sure which color will look better on the beach or if it even matters?  My concern is standing next to my fiancĀ© in khaki and a white shirt and my dress being ivory.  Maybe I am over thinking this??

Definitely not over thinking this.  White next to ivory tends to make ivory look yellow/dingy.  However, the photo below is of a true ivory, and many wedding dresses are not this dark.  Most are a much lighter ivory where the contrast won't be such a contrast as shown in the pic.  Alternatively, your Fi can wear an off-white shirt which is what we've decided to do.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users