Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#2941 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
  • 614 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

#2! I love the separation between the top and bottom of it.

#2942 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Dress number 2 no doubt about it!!!

#2943 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
      • 186 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Dress 2!

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Hey ladies! I need help & some opinions. I have tried on about 25 dresses so far & I still haven't had the "this is my dress moment". Not sure if I am being too picky or what but last night I found 2 that I liked the most out of all the ones I tried on. The problem is the 1st dress was a size 22(I am a 4) and it was so hard to see how it would look on me even with trying to clip it back. And I am not sure if it has to much detail for a beach wedding. The 2nd dress I was originally not a fan of the roughing but I loved it on this dress because it had a little bling on it. 

I do have an appointment for Saturday to try on more but I keep thinking about these 2 dresses & thought maybe I wont have that "moment"...

Dress1:

ericka.bmp

Dress2:

MadisonMarie.bmp

#2944 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

I LOVE the shoes!!!!!! Your dress is gorgeous!! I am so nervous I am going to choose the wrong one!

Originally Posted by ohaske 

I got my dress! I love it. I am still selling the first one I bought if anyone is interested. It is apart of the Allure Bridal " Far and Away " Collection. I am selling it on O2W_1611.jpgO2W_1609.jpg

#2945 starrysim

starrysim
          • 349 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

They're both gorgeous dresses, but have you thought about whether you will be comfortable in them on the beach and in the heat?  They look like satin - satin can be very heavy, and it will get heavier if the bottom gets wet (don't know if you're planning on that or not), and once it's wet and picks up sand, it will be a mess.  Taffeta and organza would fare much better in the water and sand, and they're also much lighter.  Not a dealbreaker, but just something to think about.  Finally, don't settle!  If it's not your gut feeling that it's the dress, then keep looking.  The dress won't go anywhere, but you could end up with a costly mistake.  I went to many more stores and tried on many more dresses than you.  There were lots of pretty ones, but I don't know why, for some reason none of them felt like "the one."  I'm glad I kept looking until I found the perfect dress for me.  Good luck, and post when you find it.  It's so exciting to have your dress ordered!

Hey ladies! I need help & some opinions. I have tried on about 25 dresses so far & I still haven't had the "this is my dress moment". Not sure if I am being too picky or what but last night I found 2 that I liked the most out of all the ones I tried on. The problem is the 1st dress was a size 22(I am a 4) and it was so hard to see how it would look on me even with trying to clip it back. And I am not sure if it has to much detail for a beach wedding. The 2nd dress I was originally not a fan of the roughing but I loved it on this dress because it had a little bling on it. 

I do have an appointment for Saturday to try on more but I keep thinking about these 2 dresses & thought maybe I wont have that "moment"...

Dress1:

ericka.bmp

Dress2:

MadisonMarie.bmp

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2946 Brenners

Brenners
            • 807 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Latinive that sounds like my fiance lol!  I won't be able to post mine unless I banish him from the forum! 

Everyone looks so beautiful in their dresses.  Mine has arrived but I am not able to post a picture because my fiance pops in the forum here and there.  Thanks for posting your dresses. 

#2947 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Sharon they are both lovely dresses.  With the first one - though it has more bling - the bustline reminds me of seashells with the scallop edges so it fits a beach wedding in my mind.  The second - I found that I like ruching which surprised the heck out of me!  I like the second one more but I agree with Kristie - whichever one makes you feel the most beautiful is the one for you!  I haven't found my dress either - I like bits and pieces of dresses but have appointments on the 11th and am hoping that is my day!

Dress1:

ericka.bmp

Dress2:

MadisonMarie.bmp

#2948 Sharon99

Sharon99
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

Thanks everyone for your help & comments! Glad I am not alone with trying on so many. I find myself thinking about dress #2 a lot but will definitely have to think about the satin. 

@Brenners - good luck with your appointments!! I hope you too find your dress! Post a pic if you do!!!

#2949 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
                  • 150 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Dress 2 is stunning. I love the neckline! I've yet to get the "This is the one" feeling as well. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one! Good luck Sharon99... I'm sure whatever you pick will be absolutely gorgeous!

#2950 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
                    • 150 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:00 AM

It looks almost identical... I would have thought it was the same! Congrats on finding your dress!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristibear 

Thank you!!!!  It's Maggie inspired (Adorae was the one I wanted, but was over my budget) It's cheaper, but acheives the same look!  I went to an amazing bridal store in Houston called "Impressions" and they custom order/make the dress for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users