Jump to content
Jennifer

Show us your wedding dress!

Recommended Posts

 

Cold Patch Test

Ok ladies so I decided to test out the suggestion to wear cold patches under your wedding gown!

I am working from home today, it's a hot muggy day, so I thought it was a good chance to test!

I got the patches from Walgreens as suggested on here -> http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-disney-instant-cold-patches-large-3-pack/ID=prod6067944-product

There a 3 patches which I cut in half, and applied three to each thigh.

I had no bad reactions, after a little while i forgot they were there, and i could definitely feel the coolness, although not cold and uncomfortable.

I don't think they will bring HUGE relief but anything that will help will be worth it considering there weren't uncomforable and are cheap.

Also they don't last super long. The box said up to 4 hours, but by 3 hours the effect was completely gone.

I plan to put them on right before I leave the hotel room so they will last through the ceremony and cocktail and into some of our photo session. Then when it comes close to reception time I will take them off, in perfect time before the garter has to come off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update!!! I was very curious as to how this would work!!!! 

 

Were you working in your wedding dress today Joanne?! LOL 

 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

 

Cold Patch Test

Ok ladies so I decided to test out the suggestion to wear cold patches under your wedding gown!

I am working from home today, it's a hot muggy day, so I thought it was a good chance to test!

I got the patches from Walgreens as suggested on here -> http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-disney-instant-cold-patches-large-3-pack/ID=prod6067944-product

There a 3 patches which I cut in half, and applied three to each thigh.

I had no bad reactions, after a little while i forgot they were there, and i could definitely feel the coolness, although not cold and uncomfortable.

I don't think they will bring HUGE relief but anything that will help will be worth it considering there weren't uncomforable and are cheap.

Also they don't last super long. The box said up to 4 hours, but by 3 hours the effect was completely gone.

I plan to put them on right before I leave the hotel room so they will last through the ceremony and cocktail and into some of our photo session. Then when it comes close to reception time I will take them off, in perfect time before the garter has to come off!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Haha, that just reminded me of an episode of Friends when Monica was cleaning the apartment in a wedding dress!

I'm working from home because I have deliveries coming today, can you imagine the delivery drivers face if I opened the door decked out in full wedding gear and veil!

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Thanks for the update!!! I was very curious as to how this would work!!!! 

 

Were you working in your wedding dress today Joanne?! LOL 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


HAHAHA! I can just imagine!!!!!! would be a good test as to just HOW well the patches work LOL

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post


Haha, that just reminded me of an episode of Friends when Monica was cleaning the apartment in a wedding dress!

I'm working from home because I have deliveries coming today, can you imagine the delivery drivers face if I opened the door decked out in full wedding gear and veil!

 

 

Quote:



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for the feedback. I am in Canada and decided not to order from drugstore.com but they have migraine cold patches that got better reviews and are supposed to last 8 hours...Are you in Ireland or the U.S. just a thought...they are said to last longer.

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

 

Cold Patch Test

Ok ladies so I decided to test out the suggestion to wear cold patches under your wedding gown!

I am working from home today, it's a hot muggy day, so I thought it was a good chance to test!

I got the patches from Walgreens as suggested on here -> http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-disney-instant-cold-patches-large-3-pack/ID=prod6067944-product

There a 3 patches which I cut in half, and applied three to each thigh.

I had no bad reactions, after a little while i forgot they were there, and i could definitely feel the coolness, although not cold and uncomfortable.

I don't think they will bring HUGE relief but anything that will help will be worth it considering there weren't uncomforable and are cheap.

Also they don't last super long. The box said up to 4 hours, but by 3 hours the effect was completely gone.

I plan to put them on right before I leave the hotel room so they will last through the ceremony and cocktail and into some of our photo session. Then when it comes close to reception time I will take them off, in perfect time before the garter has to come off!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LOVE this dress. I saw this one after i bought mine and wanted to change it!  My mother (who had purchased my dress) said that's to bad you already have your dress! LMAO

 

BEAUTIFUL!!!
 

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Update to post#3534

These pictures were taking with my Camera:  First up Mr. Lazaro himself:

068.JPG069.JPG

My Bridesmaid Kelly in her Butter by Nadia dress

064.JPG074.JPG

 

The Dress Lazaro 3050 Model Picture then me

lazaro model.JPG057.JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



wow..this dress is eerily similar to mine...LOVE it!!

 

STUNNING!!

 

R~

Originally Posted by jonesr1979 View Post


LOVE this dress. I saw this one after i bought mine and wanted to change it!  My mother (who had purchased my dress) said that's to bad you already have your dress! LMAO

 

BEAUTIFUL!!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonesr1979,

 

I am so cracking up over here.  You looked absolutely stunning!!!!  BTW at least your mom paid for your dress rolleyes.gif There was no wa in hell that I even let my mom get remotely close to the counter when it was time to pay ;-)  BM duty was in full effect LOL

 

Originally Posted by jonesr1979 View Post


LOVE this dress. I saw this one after i bought mine and wanted to change it!  My mother (who had purchased my dress) said that's to bad you already have your dress! LMAO

 

BEAUTIFUL!!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

110145_002_Hero.jpg Ok, ok! Here is the dress that I have been hunting down for months. It's made by "Destinations By Mon Cherie." Anyone out there familiar with this designer? I fell in love instantly as it is exactly what I envisioned. I finally ordered it as a "loaner" from a local bridal shop and I'm going to see it in person & try it on next weekend! EEEEKKKKK!!!!!! Very nervous! Any tips ladies? I think it's dangerous to fall in love with a dress online. Especially for me, what I love and what looks good on me are 2 completely different things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am in the US at this moment, just got back last week from Ireland. All my family are over there. The company I work for have their European headquarters there so that's where I worked after college, but came to Boston on a one year visa to work in Corporate here in the US, met my fiance in a bar, then kept extending my visa to stay longer, then they gave me a green card and I guess I'm staying now unless I can convince my husband to be to move back with me, LOL! He's so good though because I spent so much time in Ireland and he is very understanding. I go a lot for work, and plus because I have so much more time off than my fiance (he has 2 weeks a year, I have 6 weeks), I spend vacation time there too without him.
Those migraine cold patches look really good too. Wonder if they might be colder than the disney kids ones? I guess another expiriment is needed :-)
 

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post


Thanks for the feedback. I am in Canada and decided not to order from drugstore.com but they have migraine cold patches that got better reviews and are supposed to last 8 hours...Are you in Ireland or the U.S. just a thought...they are said to last longer.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×