Fire Dancers or Mariachi Band?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 ncainey

• 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

I really think it would be a good idea to have some sort of entertainment at our Thursday night welcome party. Can you girls tell me if you think the fire dancers were more entertaing or a mariachi band? I also can't find the prices on here for fire dancers. Any other thoughts would be appreciated on how to make it a great kick-off to the weekend!

#2 RoSean

• 140 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

I vote for Firedancers!
      In Cancun, I read packages start at $1,500 per hour.

Mariachi Band is $1,100 for 45 minutes but a Mariachi Trio is only $530 for 45 minutes.

I think Mariachi Trio would be a great intro and more relax so appropriate for rehearsal dinner. The firedancer would be awesome for the wedding entertainment.

#3 starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:29 PM

Fire Dancers!!

Chances are that they'll be entertained by Mariachis at one or more restaurants while in Mexico, but not necessarily fire dancers.

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:25 AM

Fire dancers all the way!

#5 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

i love the fire dancers idea!

#6 Wisco4

• 666 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

My W.C. said that the firedancers show is "jaw-dropping". But it can be pricey..don't quote me but I think for a smaller group (maybe 3 or 4) dancers is around $1500 and the larger group (9 or 10) is around $2500...
              Something like that. She actually recommended them over fireworks for our end-of-the-night finale at our wedding but I still think we want the fireworks instead. I don't want the firedancers stealing the show ha ha

#7 jak27

• 715 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

Fire Dancers! We're having them at our reception after the ceremony & cocktail hour to sort of kick-off the evening, and I'm so excited! We are using the smaller group, for $1,300, because the really awesome group is touring in the States in November!

#8 PVBride

• 443 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

I agree with everyone else - the Fire Dancers!! We are having them at our Welcome Dinner, as well. We paid $600.00 for (3) 15-minute performances.

#9 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

I don't know about prices, but I've seen tons of times both down here in Cabo and I'd recomend the fire dancers without hesitation. Mariachi is more mexican-traditional and unles you hire 10+ mariachis, it's not worth it, but the fire dancers are a true feast to the eye, you can just ask your DJ to play some mariachi music afterwards.

#10 JanaBrooke

• 82 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:37 PM

I think fire dancers too! I am looking into the same idea for my wedding in Kauai . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users