Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#101 dmarie17

• 276 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

I budgeted around $2K for mine and ended up finding 'the one' for only $750!! Then my mom took the bill and paid it!! So, we're going to upgrade our menu at the reception (Actually, I'll probably just go to the spa with the extra $$!!) I love good deals!!

#102 sndyndln

• 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:20 AM

My dress was originally in the $400 range, but I got it on sale for $250. Weddings not even close, but I couldn't pass up a deal like that! I think some of the posts above are right. It depends on what you're wanting. You can find something you like if you set your budget first, I wasn't going to pay over $500, so I didn't look at anything too much over that. Also, I don't need a designer dress. It's going to be on the beach, so I didn't want anything to fancy. Just simple. Good luck on your dress hunt! It can be a lot of fun!

#103 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by dmarie17
        I budgeted around $2K for mine and ended up finding 'the one' for only $750!! Then my mom took the bill and paid it!! So, we're going to upgrade our menu at the reception (Actually, I'll probably just go to the spa with the extra $$!!) I love good deals!!
        I thought you were going to say "I budget $2K, but then I just robbed the bridal store."

For those who haven't read the "banned" thread, she has been very successful in robbing points even though the rest of us have failed.

Just realized I should add a monkey so this isn't read like something mean. We've been having lots of fun robbing lately.

#104 2bmosley

• 61 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

I Found A Very Nice Dress In China Town (philadelphia) I Researched The Style On Line And Found An Even More Beautiful Dress On Line For About $150.00 Including Shipping Costs. You Would Never Know The Price If I Didn't Tell You. It Just Depends On What You Want. Good Luck Ladies.

#105 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
          • LocationToronto

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

I wasn't really sure what I wanted and I didn't set a budget for the dress. It happend that the one that I fell in love with came to 4k. I had the material changed from the original and that added to the cost. I love it so much though and I think its so worth it :)

#106 sunnydaes

• 684 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

I can't believe so many people (based on the poll) got their dresses for such a reasonable price. I felt like everywhere I went the lowest price was around $2K, unless there were things on sale. I don't even like thinking about how much I spent on mine. After I put the deposit down I woke up feeling sick the next day. Now I'm OK with it, I really love it so much, but wow, what was a difficult purchase.

#107 luv2love

• 260 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

My dress was about $1200 plus I think $180 for the veil. I wasn't planning on spending that much but when I tried it on there was no going back! Here's a link to my dress (only it will be in diamond white):

MaggieSottero.com - Dress Detail - Angel

#108 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:30 PM

My dress was £139 so I suppose thats about $300 or there abouts- first shop i went into I said I like that tried it on and said fab got it lol my aunt wasn't too happy to say the least I think she thought she was up for a full day of shopping lol mind you mine isn't your "normal" wedding dress as it's mostly black so I suppose that helped!

I have had friends who have tried on a dress they love, get a photograph of them in it, take it to a dressmaker alter it slight and save a fortune. Bit sneaky but hey!

#109 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                • 514 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:38 AM

I paid $1,400 for my dress. However, it would have been $1,700, but I got a discount because I bought the sample (it was brand new, I couldn't pass that up). Also, my alterations will be an additional $200. It was more than I thought I would spend, but I loved it and I couldn't imagine myself in another dress!

Click the image to open in full size.

#110 Sherry

• 390 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

My dress was $3,000, and I'm guessing there's going to be at least another $500 in alterations, because I'm having them change a few things for me. I had kind of told myself that if I found my dream dress and it was under $5,000, I would just get it. At least I came in under budget!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users