Down to 2...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

Thank you so much Ladies!!! #2 it is! I was leaning towards this one, since its more affordable and if I don't loose the weight I plan to, I'll still fell okay lol.

It really is a beautiful dress, both really are.

Paula, once I tried on this Mantilla with the lace, I really fell in love, I think I loved it better then the dresses. Its about 125 feet long! I really want it, but its pricey so I may have it made by that ebay vendor that Ann got her veil from, I just need to find some lace that matches the dress.

I'm so excited!!!

#22 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:59 AM

I voted for the second dress (the SPR). I just like the look of it overall. Classic, but still has some pretty detailing and the sash adds something to it that makes it "pop" a little more to me.

But then, I've never been one of the mermaids thing.

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#23 PVBride

• 443 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

#2!!! I love, love, love it!! What a beautiful dress, and it is very flattering on you!

#24 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:02 AM

You already made your decision (YAY!) but for what its worth here are my two cents.

First of all, you and I have very similar taste, I heart, heart, heart lace dresses with the mantilla veil.

I honestly could not make a decision. I love them both. I love the bottom detailing on the first dress it is beautiful. But the second dress is just as equally beautiful.

I don't think the 1st dress makes your hips look wide at all. Are you wearing shoes in these pics? How tall are you? I don't know if its the pics but you look on the shorter side to me. Sometimes when people are shorter, dresses look different than on those stupid tall girl manequins (sorry to the tall girls, I'm just a hater cuz I'm short). Maybe that's why you think the first dress isn't so flattering. If you wear really high heels it may look much different.

Either one you choose is beautiful. You are going to look stunning. But I have to be honest I don't like the sash. I think its too busy to wear a sash with a lace dress. I know Monique Lulliher does this a lot but I think this is one of those "runway" things where they look good on the runway but not in real life. But if you love it, then you should def wear it.

I'm so excited for you getting a dress!

#25 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

Well, it looks like you've made your decision - congrats on that! For what it's worth, before I realized you decided, I voted for #2. I think it looks very flattering on you.

#26 Sunsierra

• 226 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

I voted for #2 cause I think it flatters you. They're both beautiful dresses though...
              Stacy & Joel
              Gran Bahia Principe, Mexico
              January 9, 2008MARRIED!!!!Our Review Our Pictures

#27 Amy&Andy

• VIP Member
              • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Well I am late....but regardless I chose #2!!! I think it really is very flattering and has a beautiful bottom to it. I agree that a sweetheart neckline and a bit of tule will really make it "yours." Great Choice......you look beautiful btw!

#28 jajajaja

• VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

I'm late too. I love #2 though. I don't think it's "common" at all. Very beautiful and looks great on you!

Congrats Amy!
                  Happily married since 2008

#29 DreaW

• Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

i'm late too but I choose number 2 :)

#30 EDYTA

• 1,277 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

Their both very beautiful but I voted for #2 I think it looks stunning on u and fits u beautifully and I especially love the extra detail that you're putting on the top of the dress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users