Photo

Leaving Wednesday - Oh No Work!!!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NATASHA

NATASHA
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

ACK! A ton of our school districts and a few cities that use our product (emergency notification service) are surrounded by fires!

This is when I'm supposed to be helping them with PR! I have a great PR team backing me, but I'm the company spokesperson and our CEO, well, it's not his strength. Darn fire season!
    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

how stressful! you need to be focusing on other things right now! are you getting nervous?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by NATASHA
      ACK! A ton of our school districts and a few cities that use our product (emergency notification service) are surrounded by fires!

This is when I'm supposed to be helping them with PR! I have a great PR team backing me, but I'm the company spokesperson and our CEO, well, it's not his strength. Darn fire season!
      This is where you find out if you can truly let go & enjoy this wedding you've been planning for so long. YOU CAN DO IT! Your team is there to back you up. You made these very important plans long ago & I'm sure nobody expects you to do anything more than go get married & have a great time!

#4 NATASHA

NATASHA
      • 646 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

No - I'm not getting nervous.

It's just funny that I had a contingency plan for everything at work (I'm like MM at work). I've delegated, we've done practice runs for things - we were all set. I'm even shadowing the teams of people these two days to make sure that they are set and know what they're supposed to do but I didn't anticipate fires. Not sure how that one slipped past me.

My dilemma is that, technically, while I'm shadowing people, I should let the team handle this but my gut is DYING to kick in and get everything sewn up with plans out to our clients and the interviews canned before I leave on Wednesday.

#5 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
        • 550 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
        • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
        • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:37 PM

Oh no.... I'm sure that you have a great team, and they will make you "proud" and do everythign that they need to do. Try not to worry.
        Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
        June 23, 2007
        Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
        Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:40 PM

I'm sure you'l forget all about work when you land in Mexico and have the first margahrita! woohoo!

#7 gkashmira

gkashmira
          • 1,962 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:29 AM

Natasha - you need to let them handle it! It;s their time to shine at work and YOUR time to shine at the beach!!!
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#8 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
            • 402 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:19 PM

Oh Natasha! I'm so sorry for the extra stress! I'm sure your employees will do a great job since you've prepped them so well. You deserve to leave tomorrow and have a wonderful wedding / honeymoon.

MariaElena - 10/28/06
              Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#9 NATASHA

NATASHA
              • 646 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

Yeah - I'm staying out of it. I've decided not to shadow on this one (as it's too hard not to jump in).

Besides - I have to find my FIs birth certificate and go get my eyebrows done (ha ha).

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by NATASHA
                  No - I'm not getting nervous.

It's just funny that I had a contingency plan for everything at work (I'm like MM at work). I've delegated, we've done practice runs for things - we were all set. I'm even shadowing the teams of people these two days to make sure that they are set and know what they're supposed to do but I didn't anticipate fires. Not sure how that one slipped past me.

My dilemma is that, technically, while I'm shadowing people, I should let the team handle this but my gut is DYING to kick in and get everything sewn up with plans out to our clients and the interviews canned before I leave on Wednesday.
                  It's so hard to let things go when you're the one who set the plans in place! I'm sure you could do it better, but sometimes you just have to let others get things done for you. I'm positive that you've done your job well enough that you can just let them fly on their own and keep yourself out of it- you seem like such an "on top of it" person. Woohoo- Cabo or bust!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users