Photo

Cancun Palace Wedding 2012- AMAZING (long with a lot of pictures)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 palacebride27

palacebride27
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hello fellow brides~

It's been almost 1 month since we got married at Cancun Palace and I wanted to get this review done because I was able to find out so much WONDERFUL information and HELPFUL hints and ideas from this site.  I hope my review is helpful!

Wedding 033.jpg

Overall Experience:

For ANYONE who loves the ocean and has ever DREAMED of getting married on the beach, I TOTALLY suggest a wedding at Cancun Palace.  The setting could not get any better and they executed everything that I asked of them.  There was not ONE thing I would change about my wedding day!  IT was AMAZING!!!

Planning:

Honestly this was the most stressful part.  Being a DW Bride has stresses of its own.  Everyone will rely on you for info on your resort, spa info, excursion info, flight info, basically anything they want to know, you will be the first person they go to so keep that in mind. 

I learned so much from this website and I am so glad that I found it.  I was able to get more info from past and present brides, than I did with my travel agent and by the wedding department in Miami for Palace Resorts.  I had always been warned that for Mexico weddings, they don’t really speak to you until 3 months prior.  Well guess what, if you don’t take the bull by the horns, they MAY end up calling you the day you leave, like the Miami office did to me, to start planning everything out.  Fortunately, I had done so much research and threw such a fit that I was actually able to work with my onsite coordinator, Paola, at Cancun Palace to set everything up and get all my questions answered.  I still had to wait until the 90 day mark to speak to her and get it all taken care of.  Please remember that response time is SLOW!!

Outside Vendors:

I have heard many different things on this, so I can only tell you my experience.  At first I had and outside vendor for the following: DJ, hair and makeup as well as the photographer. After tons of research and answers back from Paola, they basically told me that if you want outside vendors, you have to pay for them to stay for 2 nights.  I had chosen DJ Mannia after all the reviews that I read about him.  After I contacted him at Wedding 027.jpg

Ceremony and Reception:

Originally we had chosen to get a wedding package, but after a lot of research, we chose to go with the complimentary package and add on to save on cost.  When originally looking at the packages, I didn’t know that none of the decorations would carry over to the dinner/reception.  So we would have paid $2500 just for the 30 min ceremony.  Also I found that the packages included things that we didn’t really want, like the harpist, fireworks etc.  The complimentary package comes with a bride’s bouquet and since I wanted to bring my own, I asked for them to split my bouquet into two and used them as decorations on the judges table.  For the rest of the decorations I was led to contact Zuniga Productions.  They have chair bows, linens, centerpieces, isle decorations etc.  My contacts email address is Wedding 041.jpg

Wedding 042.jpg

2012 iphone pics 716.png

Wedding 030.jpgWedding 035.pngWedding 046.png

Hair and Make up:

After much research and number crunching, I decided to go with Norma Zurama.  Her and her staff were AMAZING.  There were 6 of us who got our hair done and 3 of us got our makeup done.  Norma is the makeup artist and then she has hair stylists that she works with.  The salon we drove to is right off the main strip and it’s very nice and clean.  It was about a 15 min cab ride.  Her email address is Wedding 036.jpg

Wedding 037.jpg

Symbolic vs. Civil:

Originally we didn’t like the thought of getting married in the states first then having the actual ceremony in Cancun after.  Then after months of thought and consideration we decided that it wasn’t worth the extra time, effort, money, pregnancy tests, blood tests, translations, not to mention the lack of knowledge that the minister has for you and your relationship, so we chose to do a symbolic ceremony.  We had one of our friends act as our minister.  We put the whole ceremony together and again, I wouldn’t have done it different.  To have someone who knows you, loves you and is a part of your life, to officiate your ceremony, it is sooooo special.   

Food and Cake:

The food was AMAZING!!  Since we got to have two nights of free private functions (thanks to 83 room nights booked) we got to try out lots of the options.  For the rehearsal cocktail hour we did the Mexican appetizers.  I almost wish we would have done this again for the wedding night it was so good.  For dinner that night we chose the BBQ buffet.  For the wedding night we had the Superior appetizers and the Mexican Buffet.  The chicken Mole that was served with the Mexican buffet and the Fish was a TOTAL hit.  We had to request more several times.

Our cake turned out beautifully.  I suggest not doing any sort of upgrade on the cake as usually it’s a waste of money.  We brought our own crystal bake banding, the silk flowers and cake topper.  I told Paola how I would like it done and it was perfect!  We only ate the one piece that we cut for pictures.  The rest of the guests were too full from our wonderful dinner. 

Wedding 040.jpg

RE CAP:

We would choose to have our dream wedding at Cancun Palace again for sure.  The resort was beautiful, the staff was nice, the rooms were amazing and our wedding was EXACLY what we had dreamt of.  Thank you Cancun Palace for all of our memories!  We will be going back next May for our 1 year anniversary. 

2012 iphone pics 644.jpg2012 iphone pics 645.jpg

#2 AlmostMrsRJF

AlmostMrsRJF
    • 89 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Congratulations!  I'm so glad to hear that you had the wedding of your dreams!  Thank you for sharing with us. 

#3 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

Thank you for the awesome review! So happy to see Palace Brides' dreams come true! :) You looked beautiful!!!! :)

#4 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Congrats!! Your photos are amazing! Looks like you had a great wedding day!

#5 Bride2Be2013

Bride2Be2013
      • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Was that the Colin Cowie Comp Collection- because thats the look i was going for

#6 palacebride27

palacebride27
        • 58 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

No, we went with the complinentary package and added on. 

Originally Posted by Bride2Be2013 

Was that the Colin Cowie Comp Collection- because thats the look i was going for

#7 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
          • 79 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Your pictures look fabulous!!! Glad you had a great DW. Thanks for sharing 

#8 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
            • 675 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

YAY!!!  Congrats!  Your wedding sounds like it was amazing!!!  You looked absolutely beautiful!!!!  I love you dress ;)  Hope married life is treating you well!!!  xx

#9 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
              • 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Congratulations!  Wonderful pics, you are beautiful.  Thanks for the great report.

#10 jamieirene

jamieirene
                • 650 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Everything is absolutely gorgeous!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users