Wedding colors

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#121 LaurenMoser2B

LaurenMoser2B
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble picking out colors for my wedding. I initially fell in love with J. Crew's "Dusty Shale" for my bridesmaids and thought of using tangerine or a brighter orange in the flowers and accents to make it pop, since it is a light pastel-ish color. After showing it to my mom, future mother in law, and bridesmaids some have expressed concern that it won't show up well against a beach backdrop in photos. Anyone have any feedback on this? I'm not great with colors.

Thanks!

Lauren

#122 Amers

Amers
    • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by LaurenMoser2B 

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble picking out colors for my wedding. I initially fell in love with J. Crew's "Dusty Shale" for my bridesmaids and thought of using tangerine or a brighter orange in the flowers and accents to make it pop, since it is a light pastel-ish color. After showing it to my mom, future mother in law, and bridesmaids some have expressed concern that it won't show up well against a beach backdrop in photos. Anyone have any feedback on this? I'm not great with colors.

Thanks!

Lauren

I think this colour will look great with the sand! Its actually one of the colours I was debating on!

#123 mimiq

mimiq
      • 184 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

blue and orange are our colours.  great for a tropical wedding!

#124 brownskingirl

brownskingirl
        • 131 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Tobago - Pigeon Point beach
        • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

I am kind of all over the place with colors. I waffle between wanting fun, bright, summery colors like lemon yellow and lime green and turquoise, and more muted tones like purples, creams and greys because that's more me. I feel like I should go bright since it'll be springtime, on the beach and in Jamaica, but I keep finding myself drawn to purple things. Like this bouquet (it's actually paper!!) that I saw in an Etsy shop.

its jamaica so think about jamaican colours like the famous bob marley rastafarian colours red, gold and green... try to find some way of incorporating those colours into your wedding in a classy way... lemon yellow and lime green is VERY caribbean,, i would know since im a caribbean chick and proud! lol

#125 karyc

karyc
        • 166 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Amers 

I think this colour will look great with the sand! Its actually one of the colours I was debating on!

yes, wow, i really like that a lot - i tend to think of bright colors for beach weddings, but i really love that color and it looks so pretty against the sand!

#126 jackie44

jackie44
          • 54 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

these are my colours in flowers and im having champange bridesmaid dresses....i was gonna go with the bright colours but decided on these think they,ll pick up the sand lovely :)x

#127 LaurenMoser2B

LaurenMoser2B
            • 84 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Thanks Ladies- looks like I will definitely stick with the J. Crew Dusty Shale. I love it!

#128 brgephar

brgephar
              • 166 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

These are my colors Chelsea and that jewelry looks amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 

XOXO   Chelsea

#129 unichas

unichas
                • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Shades of purples and tan. A real natural, relaxing tone. 

#130 LKocelko

LKocelko
                  • 350 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

What is everyones color scheme? I hadn't really put any thought into this, but lately I've been seeing a lot of deep purple and really been gravitating towards it. I thought it would look really nice with the light gray suit my FI is going to go with (something like the below). My question: is a deepish purple too dark for a beach wedding in May? My dress is kind of elegant/glam/old Hollywood and I thought purple was a regal color to go with it. I look really terrible in warm colors, so we were definitely going to go with a green, blue, or purple. Any input would be appreciated! Please be honest...we haven't picked anything yet so I'd rather know now than after we start buying stuff! Like the below are some examples I liked:

Pinned ImagePinned Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users