Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride81

May 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

It is the time of bachelor/bachelorette parties!  All the festivities have officially begun.  My girls are whizzing me away for a cottage weekend!  I was just given my invitation this week - they've been keeping everything so secret.  I think it's going to be a little crazy - I can only imagine some of the things they have planned.   I'm imagining male genitalia everywhere lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

It is the time of bachelor/bachelorette parties!  All the festivities have officially begun.  My girls are whizzing me away for a cottage weekend!  I was just given my invitation this week - they've been keeping everything so secret.  I think it's going to be a little crazy - I can only imagine some of the things they have planned.   I'm imagining male genitalia everywhere lol

LOL me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My girls booked a weekend at a resort north of the city too...we really have a crazy bunch for our bridal party   but they are so much fun and I am really looking forward to mine!!! Mine isn't til 2 weeks before we leave though....although I got the itinerary yesterday and looking forward to one of the days being a spa day and Scandinave baths....then party night!!! im dreading the hangover already LOL ....first though we have our Jack & Jill party ont he 20th ---sooo looking forward to that --there's well over 125 tickets sold already!!! gonna be so much fun to see so many people!! Time to enjoy all these great wonderful festivities ladies that will only come along once! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to vent....lol so my future sister in law as backed out going to our wedding at the last minute. We had doubts all along but she finally told his mom (not us) the other day. I feel bad because it's his only sibling and she isn't coming because she doesn't have money. She is single with no kids and has known about Jamaica for 2 years. Lol then I found out my girls are getting a hotel room for my bachelorette party and she is the only one not staying. Now tonight I text everyone about getting there hair done for our reception back home. I found a friend to do it for only $30. We are having professional pics here. SIL replies back and says she will do her own. Ok I'm really annoyed because she is not invoiced with anything and not sure how to reply . She is not a hair stylist by any means. i feel like something like this is suppose to involve all the girls and having us all together. She hasn't lifted a finger to help the other girls. ....ok thank for listening lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having last minute people bail out.  Don't they know we have enough stress!!  My FI's best man is telling him he isn't sure if he will make it- We are about out of time here.  We need to know what's up!  We finally got our rings, and I have tried on my dress for the 1st time.  So exciting!  I am working on gifts.. I picked up handkerchiefs for FMIL (she is a crier), my grandmother, and my dad from Etsy that I have special messages on.  Do I pass these out at rehearsal or day of?  I am thinking day of...  For the girls I ordered the personalized hangers, and I would like to find foot jewelery... any ideas?  My grandmother gave me a pearl necklace that my grandfather gave to her.  So special, something borrowed will be a matching pearl bracelet... Something blue I grabbed this garter   

 

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/124553115

 

For treats for my guests when they arrive..... emergen-c, altoids minis, sanitizer wipes, shout wipes, motrin

I have some cute glass jars that are small... not sure what to do with them. And, small organza bags that were 50 for $5 at Michaels on clearance! 

 

I still need to make hair appointments, I would like to find personalized cups, I need to figure out what to do for bags.  I think we will have 35-40 people and I am running out of $$!  Any bargain bags that I can personalize?  I need to figure out if I want runners, and what to do for candles!  Lastly, I need mini tequila bottles ( I will attach name and table name), picture frames for tables....  Ahhhhh...  someone do this for me :)  And, I need to go fake tanning I think.

 

Its hard to believe I started this thread so long ago!  I am glad we are such a great support team, and have helped each other out!  Only about 1 month to GO....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

 

I am also having last minute people bail out.  Don't they know we have enough stress!!  My FI's best man is telling him he isn't sure if he will make it- We are about out of time here.  We need to know what's up!  We finally got our rings, and I have tried on my dress for the 1st time.  So exciting!  I am working on gifts.. I picked up handkerchiefs for FMIL (she is a crier), my grandmother, and my dad from Etsy that I have special messages on.  Do I pass these out at rehearsal or day of?  I am thinking day of...  For the girls I ordered the personalized hangers, and I would like to find foot jewelery... any ideas?  My grandmother gave me a pearl necklace that my grandfather gave to her.  So special, something borrowed will be a matching pearl bracelet... Something blue I grabbed this garter   

 

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/124553115

 

For treats for my guests when they arrive..... emergen-c, altoids minis, sanitizer wipes, shout wipes, motrin

I have some cute glass jars that are small... not sure what to do with them. And, small organza bags that were 50 for $5 at Michaels on clearance! 

 

I still need to make hair appointments, I would like to find personalized cups, I need to figure out what to do for bags.  I think we will have 35-40 people and I am running out of $$!  Any bargain bags that I can personalize?  I need to figure out if I want runners, and what to do for candles!  Lastly, I need mini tequila bottles ( I will attach name and table name), picture frames for tables....  Ahhhhh...  someone do this for me :)  And, I need to go fake tanning I think.

 

Its hard to believe I started this thread so long ago!  I am glad we are such a great support team, and have helped each other out!  Only about 1 month to GO....

I got my foot jewelry from a girl on Etsy THEDAYSGOBY...

 

We worked together and she made 5 sets for me (all different) EXACTLY the way I wanted them. They came out beautifully!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KDoyle View Post

 

YAY!!! I was pretty excited when mine fit too...but I had ordered it 2 sizes too small LOL....Andrew has his Bachelor Party next weekend...I just told him to remember that mine is after his meaning whatever's good for him is good for me also hahahahahahaha. Im more worried they are going to drink him to death :s The guys are a little wild in our wedding party...lol

 

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

It is the time of bachelor/bachelorette parties!  All the festivities have officially begun.  My girls are whizzing me away for a cottage weekend!  I was just given my invitation this week - they've been keeping everything so secret.  I think it's going to be a little crazy - I can only imagine some of the things they have planned.   I'm imagining male genitalia everywhere lol

 

Matt's Bachelor Party has officially kicked off!!!  I hope he has the time of his life!  He SOOOOO deserves it!  He's going up to the Pocono Mountains with 15 of his closest friends.  Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall--but not this weekend!!!  I don't even want to KNOW!!!  ;-) Same here, KDoyle, I just hope they don't drink him to death!  I'm already expecting for him to not have any voice when he returns, LOL!  I already had mine in Atlantic City for a weekend and it was amazing beyond my wildest expectations!  I'm so excited for you two that you still get to have yours!  ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!  It only happens once!!!  :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Furturemrsg View Post

 

Need to vent....lol so my future sister in law as backed out going to our wedding at the last minute. We had doubts all along but she finally told his mom (not us) the other day. I feel bad because it's his only sibling and she isn't coming because she doesn't have money. She is single with no kids and has known about Jamaica for 2 years. Lol then I found out my girls are getting a hotel room for my bachelorette party and she is the only one not staying. Now tonight I text everyone about getting there hair done for our reception back home. I found a friend to do it for only $30. We are having professional pics here. SIL replies back and says she will do her own. Ok I'm really annoyed because she is not invoiced with anything and not sure how to reply . She is not a hair stylist by any means. i feel like something like this is suppose to involve all the girls and having us all together. She hasn't lifted a finger to help the other girls. ....ok thank for listening lol

I know, it's so frustrating when people don't put in any effort.  I understand that some people don't have the money, and that's fine, but when people just dismiss it all it's really hurtful.  I have the same prob with my little sister.  My mom paid for her and her husbands flights, I paid for their room in the Dominican, her dress, alterations, shoes, jewelry, will pay for Mani, Pedi, wax, tanning, hair and makeup.  All she really needed to do was go to the dress fitting and not blow the money my mom gave her for the flight.  She ended up buying a bunch of crap and now doesn't know if she'll come up with the money for the flights.  If she doesn't come, than I've wasted all of the money I've already spent to help her out, and she doesn't even care.  She didn't even send a card (let alone try to come) when I had my shower; I basically haven't heard from her since December when she told me that there are other things in life besides my wedding.  She hasn't even uttered a "thank you" for everything that Matt and I are doing for her!  Long story short, those people don't really matter in the big picture.  What's important is that we all get to spend multiple days celebrating the loves of our lives with so many people who DO care!!!  There will always be annoying people/situations in the background, but keep those things where they belong--in the background!  I know it's easier said than done!!!  GOOD LUCK!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Furturemrsg View Post

 

Need to vent....lol so my future sister in law as backed out going to our wedding at the last minute. We had doubts all along but she finally told his mom (not us) the other day. I feel bad because it's his only sibling and she isn't coming because she doesn't have money. She is single with no kids and has known about Jamaica for 2 years. Lol then I found out my girls are getting a hotel room for my bachelorette party and she is the only one not staying. Now tonight I text everyone about getting there hair done for our reception back home. I found a friend to do it for only $30. We are having professional pics here. SIL replies back and says she will do her own. Ok I'm really annoyed because she is not invoiced with anything and not sure how to reply . She is not a hair stylist by any means. i feel like something like this is suppose to involve all the girls and having us all together. She hasn't lifted a finger to help the other girls. ....ok thank for listening lol

That really does suck that you're worrying about her feelings and issues at a time like this. But in reality, that's just how life goes. You can't force her to join the festivities or pay for her share of hair/makeup. I've learned that it's best to just say "I understand" and let it be. Perhaps someone else like FI mom will pitch in and cover her. But you've given her an invite, she politely declined. It's no sense in dwelling on it. She'll still be at the AHR and there for the pics and it will be a great day regardless. You never know...she may have a friend or someone she wants to do hers for free. Don't sweat the smal stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by chrystine888 View Post

 

 

 

Matt's Bachelor Party has officially kicked off!!!  I hope he has the time of his life!  He SOOOOO deserves it!  He's going up to the Pocono Mountains with 15 of his closest friends.  Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall--but not this weekend!!!  I don't even want to KNOW!!!  ;-) Same here, KDoyle, I just hope they don't drink him to death!  I'm already expecting for him to not have any voice when he returns, LOL!  I already had mine in Atlantic City for a weekend and it was amazing beyond my wildest expectations!  I'm so excited for you two that you still get to have yours!  ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!  It only happens once!!!  :-D

I can be the fly on the wall!! I live in the Poconos! hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×