Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#461 KerriCornell

KerriCornell
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

I brought all the petals with me.  I had ordered them from a website and to be honest I have no idea which one it was.  But I ordered A LOT of them.  Buy more than you think you need if using for decorating.  Just google "rose petals" and there will be a bunch of sites that pop up :)

#462 emilyj

emilyj
    • 40 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Can anyone share whether or not it is necessary to bring along any decoration for the cocktail hour space? Thanks!

#463 Mlite83

Mlite83
      • 384 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Kerri - Did you bring silk flower petals? If so, where did you purchase them?

I know you weren't asking me but this seller has 1000 piece petals for under $5

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2262wt_1166

#464 kitkat863

kitkat863
        • 243 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by emilyj 

Can anyone share whether or not it is necessary to bring along any decoration for the cocktail hour space? Thanks!

I wouldn't say it is necessary. The only thing that I had for the cocktail hour were paper straws with flags with our initials and the wedding date.

#465 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
          • 683 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
          • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mlite83 

I know you weren't asking me but this seller has 1000 piece petals for under $5

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2262wt_1166

Wow! What a great deal! Thank you! Are you going to bring some down for table decor as well?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#466 Mlite83

Mlite83
          • 384 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Yup that is the plan - just figuring out which colour(s)!

#467 chantal09

chantal09
            • 192 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Can any brides share if they had any form of entertainment at their reception? I know someone earlier on the thread had fire dancers... is anyone else thinking of doing anything unique? My FI and I were contemplating fireworks but the prices seem quite high for the length of show. Not sure if its in the budget quite yet..

#468 serenity19

serenity19
              • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi ladies,

We are booked for Castaways for our reception and we are paying for the extra hour. Has anyone else done this and will they kick us out of the restaurant right at 11:00?

#469 kitkat863

kitkat863
                • 243 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by serenity19 

Hi ladies,

We are booked for Castaways for our reception and we are paying for the extra hour. Has anyone else done this and will they kick us out of the restaurant right at 11:00?

I had my reception at Castaways. I don't really remember this but apparently as soon as the reception was over they were kicking us. My brother in law had asked for some water as the reception was winding down and the waiter or manager or whoever told him no and refused to get him a drink. Like I said, I don't remember this and my brother in law can be a little dramatic, but I do think that they were basically kicked us out once the last song was played.

#470 Cheerios

Cheerios
                  • 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by chantal09 

Can any brides share if they had any form of entertainment at their reception? I know someone earlier on the thread had fire dancers... is anyone else thinking of doing anything unique? My FI and I were contemplating fireworks but the prices seem quite high for the length of show. Not sure if its in the budget quite yet..

we had fireworks and it was worth every penny, everyone was so happy and surprised!! It really was beautiful!! The fire dancers they have a show every week, so depending on which day your wedding is, your guests might have already seen it.. I dont have pics of the fireworks now..will post when I get it:)

Oh btw, after u get the basic package for the fireworks..the add ons for cold fireworks at the ceremony are super cheap because you dont have to pay for the permits again...we had 6 cold ones when we kissed at ceremony..its really pretty!!:)

Cheerios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users