OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#441 aarosenthall

aarosenthall
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by vlivins 

Hey ladies! Just wondering if anyone has the measurements for the oceanview terrace? If we were to have 40 guests would there still be room for a dance floor? Thanks!

I recently asked Pilar this same question and her response was that it can accomodate 60 people plus a dance floor.  My concern here is that past brides have had around 30 guests and said it was rather tight.  I am thinking it is just the design of the area.  Maybe someone else can add their thoughts as well.

#442 Kal520

Kal520
    • 104 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

I also asked Pilar the same question and she assured me that everything would be fine (I expect about 30/35 guests)

#443 kitkat863

kitkat863
      • 243 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by aarosenthall 

I recently asked Pilar this same question and her response was that it can accomodate 60 people plus a dance floor.  My concern here is that past brides have had around 30 guests and said it was rather tight.  I am thinking it is just the design of the area.  Maybe someone else can add their thoughts as well.

I would think 40 people would be good...anything over might be a little tight based on how I remember it looking. Not sure if that helps at all!

#444 nikkole025

nikkole025
        • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hi There,

I am getting married at the pergola and we will have 60-65 guests. We will be using the white tiffany chairs. Do you know how many chairs they fit in each row? I am just trying to figure out how many rows of chairs there will be.

Thanks!!

Nicole

#445 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
          • 955 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nikkole025 

Hi There,

I am getting married at the pergola and we will have 60-65 guests. We will be using the white tiffany chairs. Do you know how many chairs they fit in each row? I am just trying to figure out how many rows of chairs there will be.

Thanks!!

Nicole

Max of 5 chairs per row per side

#446 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
            • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tlseege 

Perhaps just printing it in a large picture frame and having it on a table would be a good idea.  The resort can easily set up a little table with a table cloth.  You could also then place your programs on that table.

That's a great idea Trisha. I don't know how I missed your response. I just saw it! :) I was wondering if we could have some sort of table set up near the ceremony location. We could put our programs, and possibly a basket with fans and bubbles! Thanks for your wonderful ideas!

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#447 BranandLinds

BranandLinds
            • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Wedding Dilemma:

I am trying to have my wedding at the Pergola for 3 or 4:00pm. I am talking with my travel agent who is emailing Deisy from Jade now. Deisy listed that the Pergola is only available at 6:00pm for the ceremony!

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Why so late?!

Thanks Jade-ers!!

#448 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
              • 955 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranandLinds 

I am trying to have my wedding at the Pergola for 3 or 4:00pm. I am talking with my travel agent who is emailing Deisy from Jade now. Deisy listed that the Pergola is only available at 6:00pm for the ceremony!

My best guess is that there is another wedding already scheduled at the Pergold for that time you want

#449 bmelko

bmelko
                • Site Supporter
                • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi girls!

Originally my FI and I chose SMB as our resort for our wedding, but after discussing it several times, we finally decided on NOW Jade due to the location, price and the reviews.  I wanted an affordable resort for all our guests and after reading all the reviews I am so happy with out decision.  

We are getting married 11/16/2013.  I know it's a long time from now, but we have other prior engagements that don't allow for a date anytime sooner. 

Everyone on here has been super helpful already - I must spend hours on here a day reading reviews and whatnot.  I feel a lot more relaxed about the destination wedding... and thank you in advance for any additional help!

Thanks!

Breanne 

#450 Meagan816

Meagan816
                  • 165 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

I ended up tipping everyone! I tipped Pilar, Deisy, the guy who married us, the DJ, all of the bartenders and wait staff. I gave Pilar all of the money and told her who to give what to so I hope she did! We probably over tipped but oh well! I almost forgot and I had to go to Pilar's office to hunt someone down to give the money to!

Customs was super easy and they didn't even ask us anything! I was so worried about it and it really was nothing!

Do you mind me asking how much you tipped everyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users