5307 replies to this topic

#3971 A7Xtrish

A7Xtrish
  • 163 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Maya
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

JADE Brides! I posted an album with photos of the resort, from when we vacationed there last September! I have plenty more, so if you're looking for something specific, I can see what else I have! (:

Here's the link:

http://www.bestdesti...september-2012/

trishhh. <3 Now Jade, 09.23.2014

#3972 Marta30

Marta30
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

JADE Brides! I posted an album with photos of the resort, from when we vacationed there last September! I have plenty more, so if you're looking for something specific, I can see what else I have! (:

Here's the link:

The pictures look great! Based on them, I can't comprehend some of the negative reviews on tripadvisor. Was your room just a regular tropical room?

#3973 A7Xtrish

A7Xtrish
    • 163 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Maya
    • LocationLong Island

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

The pictures look great! Based on them, I can't comprehend some of the negative reviews on tripadvisor. Was your room just a regular tropical room?

We had an ocean view! We were on the 2nd floor, above the tropical view, every building has 4 floors!

trishhh. <3 Now Jade, 09.23.2014

#3974 JeninKS

JeninKS
    • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Here's the link:

Love these! I leave in 19 days and cannot wait!! Thanks for sharing.  :)

#3975 Mrsoats

Mrsoats
      • 31 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Can someone tell me what time outdoor and/or indoor receptions must end?

#3976 kbride2014

kbride2014
      • 175 posts
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

You can rent them from the resort but I think it's fairly expensive to do so.  You can always get blume boxes to take with you. They lay flat and you just pop them open, then you can put the bouquets in them. 

http://www.blumebox.com/index.shtml

These are a great option!

#3977 EmmA1025

EmmA1025
        • 133 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

im having a tough time deciding whether or not i want to wear a veil. What is everyones thought? I dont want it to be in my face or all over the place incase there is a lot of wind that day and I definitely want to wear a flower in my hair. Should i just do flower alone ? Is a veil and flower going to look funny togetheR??

#3978 ironman

ironman
          • 320 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

im having a tough time deciding whether or not i want to wear a veil. What is everyones thought? I dont want it to be in my face or all over the place incase there is a lot of wind that day and I definitely want to wear a flower in my hair. Should i just do flower alone ? Is a veil and flower going to look funny togetheR??

Funny, I faced this EXACT same dilemma. I ended up wearing a veil for the ceremony as well as a flower (but on the opposite side of my head as I was standing, so it wasn't visible during ceremony), and then had the veil on just for a few photos and then took it off so just the flower was left. I had been worried about wind and the veil blowing everywhere, but it honestly wasn't an issue, and was even weighted down a bit by some crystals on it.

You can see what I mean in the video we had made (should be at the top - Kim & Chris) - http://limelightstudios.ca/blog/

#3979 EmmA1025

EmmA1025
            • 133 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Funny, I faced this EXACT same dilemma. I ended up wearing a veil for the ceremony as well as a flower (but on the opposite side of my head as I was standing, so it wasn't visible during ceremony), and then had the veil on just for a few photos and then took it off so just the flower was left. I had been worried about wind and the veil blowing everywhere, but it honestly wasn't an issue, and was even weighted down a bit by some crystals on it.

You can see what I mean in the video we had made (should be at the top - Kim & Chris) - http://limelightstudios.ca/blog/

thanks ironman!

thats a great idea! I want to wear a fresh flower i think. Does the resort have them there? And do you know how well theyd stay in?

#3980 missdeeya

missdeeya
              • 77 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hello Brides!  I'm new to BDW, but we are getting married November 21st, 2014 at the Now Jade  :D Any thoughts or suggestions on reception venues?  We will be inviting 50 guests, but if only 20 or 30 show up, I don't want to have a huge reception room booked for dancing because I feel it would seem empty!  Is there a disco or anything if we want to keep the party going afterwards, or if we just choose a restaurant for our reception dinner?

I will be there the same time as you! we arrive nov 20 and get married nov 24!!! if you are planning on having 50 guests or less, i think you should look at having the reception at cast aways! seems to be a popular choice for smaller groups!

thanks ironman!

thats a great idea! I want to wear a fresh flower i think. Does the resort have them there? And do you know how well theyd stay in?

also in the same boat.....not sure about the veil!!!!

whats everyone doing for centrepieces????? 90 bucks per centrepiece is not reasonable at all!!!! any ideas???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users