• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2751 EJay2013

EJay2013
  • Site Supporter
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by kmlane13 

We get there on the July 8, will you still be there??? If so, we'll definitely have to have a cocktail and celebrate!! :)  I'll check discountmugs.com today!!

We actually leave the afternoon of the 8th. Hoefully, I see you around and can pass some of my decor to you if needed.

#2752 EJay2013

EJay2013
    • Site Supporter
    • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by ironman 

Oh awesome, I didn't even look at their other categories. I will check them out. Shipping to Canada is atrocious, but fortunately I have a brother in the US I can have things sent to!

Vista Print has a sale, I spent 120 for 25 bags. I recieved this coupon link for further discount in the mail.

Check it out 25% off!!

vistaprint.com/postcardoffer

Attached Files

• Attached File  bag.JPG   124.74KB   4 downloads

#2753 tccjem

tccjem
      • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

I haven't ordered from here yet but I have seen other positive reviews about their totes.

http://cheaptotes.com/

Once I have a better idea of the head count, I think I am going to go with this site, but I i will check out the other recos too!

#2754 MayFlowers2014

MayFlowers2014
        • 210 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by tccjem 

I haven't ordered from here yet but I have seen other positive reviews about their totes.

http://cheaptotes.com/

Once I have a better idea of the head count, I think I am going to go with this site, but I i will check out the other recos too!

Thanks for sharing  :o)

#2755 Brandi Kohler

Brandi Kohler
          • 91 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ironman 

Okay, now I'm at work and am totally distracted thinking about welcome bags. Does anyone know a good cheap source to get plain cloth bags? It might be the latte I'm drinking, but I'm getting pretty giddy thinking about fun travel mugs and "to have and to hold and to keep your drink cold" labels to go on them!

I was thinking about just using a nice brown paper bag with a handle, but if we used cloth people could also use them as a beach bag? Guess it will depend on the pricing for the reusable ones. Anyone have any suggestions?

I found really cute tote bags from orientaltrading.com  They are covered in hibiscus flowers and were 11.50 for 12 of them.  I didn't want them personalized b/c they really become useless after the wedding.  I just can't picture people using bags that say "so and so's wedding"  Plus, shipping is free on orders over $49.  We ordered beer koozies from there  too that say to have and to hold and to keep your beer cold that were 50 of them for $20.  I ordered chapstick from Avon for .69 each.  I found travel  aloe for .98 a bottle with free shipping.  Also, I made those fold over elastic pony tail holders for dirt cheap in our wedding colors to put in their bags.  Also, I found these great change purses that were 50 of them for $20.  I am going to use them to put travel tylenol, pepto and motrin in them and label them as "my hangover kit".  I also purchased name badge holders on lanyards.  That way, they can be used as room key holders.  I think they were 4.25 for a pack of 12 from orientaltrading.com

#2756 kitkat863

kitkat863
            • 243 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

My uncle was saying the same thing...things look much more private than they are in reality. The fountain and seaside look more private than the beach, but maybe not?

The fountain, I think, might be the least private just because it is right near the lobby entrance and you would get a lot of people walking down. Plus everyone walking by the restaurants would be looking. I think everyone spot has some downfalls and you can't really get a spot that is so private that you won't have onlookers. I honestly didn't pay attention during our ceremony and have no idea if we had people watching or not. I'm sure we did, but in that moment I really wasn't paying attention to that! :)

#2757 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
              • 599 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

The fountain, I think, might be the least private just because it is right near the lobby entrance and you would get a lot of people walking down. Plus everyone walking by the restaurants would be looking. I think everyone spot has some downfalls and you can't really get a spot that is so private that you won't have onlookers. I honestly didn't pay attention during our ceremony and have no idea if we had people watching or not. I'm sure we did, but in that moment I really wasn't paying attention to that! :)

I bet you didn't pay attention from the looks of your gorgeous profile picture! You and your hubby look so happy! 

#2758 tccjem

tccjem
                • 31 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

I had my wedding on the beach and everyone took their shoes off right at the end of the sidewalk and just left them there until the end of the ceremony. There are places by the pool that you can wash your feet but the sand didn't really stick to anyone's feet since they weren't wet. I really didn't have a lot of people walking around during our ceremony. There were some people that watched but for the most part everyone kept their distance. It is better if they set it up right by the beach bar instead of in front of the pool. I actually saw a lot of people watching weddings on the pergola and saw quite a few people just stand in the back to watch ceremonies (which I think is weird and kind of rude!) Any of the locations will get on lookers so it is all in what your preference is. 

This is great info.  Thanks so much kitkat863.  Planning this wedding has been fun and interesting knowing that we haven't even seen the location. We definitely live in a digital age relying on blogs and pics to make our decisions.  :)  Your input is so helpful.

Tara

#2759 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                  • 3,074 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Wow mic813 - that's a Gorgeous pic of your wedding!!! looks like it was really amazing, and can't wait to see some more photos - Congrats :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#2760 kitkat863

kitkat863
                    • 243 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

I bet you didn't pay attention from the looks of your gorgeous profile picture! You and your hubby look so happy! 

Thank you so much! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users